Tomei exhaust

shingo

First Name
Shingo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Hey all, I tried to find a thread or post here about it, but I had no luck. I’ve also scoured the internet a bit and no luck either. Just curious if anyone has heard the Tomei Type-D dual exhaust system on the new Z yet? I know there’s someone on YouTube who did the single exit, but was just curious if anyone has heard or know where I could hear how the dual sounds. Thanks in advance :)

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
To my knowledge, there is not.

I actually ordered one through Concept Z Performance and asked the team there (as they work with Tomei USA)

And there is no sound clip at the moment
The kit itself will only be available Jan 31st
And I'm told a sound clip will follow shortly.

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Any update?
Nothing I've seen yet.
I will be putting on my Dual Tomei at the end of March.
Won't be able to go full throttle as I need to do my break-in miles
But will get a cold start / idle

Stay tuned for a clip in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shingo

shingo

First Name
Shingo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Nothing I've seen yet.
I will be putting on my Dual Tomei at the end of March.
Won't be able to go full throttle as I need to do my break-in miles
But will get a cold start / idle

Stay tuned for a clip in the coming weeks.
did you by any chance get the exhaust in hand yet? Do the welds and everything look okay? I was looking it up and a lot of people seemed to complain that the “US made Tomei” quality was much worse than the “Japan made Tomei” (like the titanium was super thin and the welds didn’t look the best) according to the post I read, in order to find out if it’s US made Tomei vs Japan made Tomei is the part number starting with a “T”.

Not sure if that’s true or not though, just some stuff I saw Subaru WRX and Toyota 86/FRS people saying.

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
did you by any chance get the exhaust in hand yet? Do the welds and everything look okay? I was looking it up and a lot of people seemed to complain that the “US made Tomei” quality was much worse than the “Japan made Tomei” (like the titanium was super thin and the welds didn’t look the best) according to the post I read, in order to find out if it’s US made Tomei vs Japan made Tomei is the part number starting with a “T”.

Not sure if that’s true or not though, just some stuff I saw Subaru WRX and Toyota 86/FRS people saying.
Wasn't planning on opening until I was getting it installed, but decided to open and take a peek of the y mid pipe.

Not sure on if it's USA made or JPN, wasn't able to find a part number on the piece I peeked at (will look more closer when I get it installed)
I did order it from CZP.

Welds look okay to me, not absolutely perfection but great.
Very similar when compared with my previous MAP Catback.
Thickness seems expected, definitely doesn't feel flimsy and feels solid. Good weight. Considerably less then OEM.

Attached are some pics of the ymid pipe connector from the turbo back going to the muffler section.

PXL_20240316_131014446.jpg

PXL_20240316_130954368.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
shingo

shingo

First Name
Shingo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
According to the post I saw you can tell if it’s a US made product if it has a “T” at the start of the part number. I don’t know how reputable the people who made the post are, but this is where I read it.

I know Reddit has a ton of trolls and uninformed people so I took it with a grain of salt.

here’s another post from the GR86 forum that said the same thing (it’s a few comments down from the user Unplugem)

https://www.gr86.org/threads/exhaus...exhausts are known,your car slower than stock.

Mid pipe looks super nice btw, can’t wait to see it and hear clips when you install.

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
According to the post I saw you can tell if it’s a US made product if it has a “T” at the start of the part number. I don’t know how reputable the people who made the post are, but this is where I read it.

I know Reddit has a ton of trolls and uninformed people so I took it with a grain of salt.

here’s another post from the GR86 forum that said the same thing (it’s a few comments down from the user Unplugem)

https://www.gr86.org/threads/exhaust.7614/#:~:text=Tomei titanium exhausts are known,your car slower than stock.

Mid pipe looks super nice btw, can’t wait to see it and hear clips when you install.
Got it
It seems to be US made, as the part number starts with T.

I'll be sure to inspect everything prior to install
And provide details and clips when it's done.