The Grille: Are you going to tweak the front of your Z?

Are you a tweaker?

• Total voters

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
I'll leave it as it is for awhile. After a year or so I can't promise anything. I wouldn't mind a 240z esque bumper but it would have to be perfect. I think a lot of the bars cutting the grille in half will be small and look wrong. I want mine to be big and flow into whatever fender flares I get.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Donā€™t have photoshop to visualize, but what about moving the Nissan logo off the top bumper into the grille to break it up? A lot of cars these days have huge grilles and they have shocked me less than the Z did. Maybe it was the logo to break it up a bit. Maybe logo with a license plate under it is enough. Still think a simple black bar could do wonders. Some examples

C322D832-9406-4581-8F2F-8568B572215C.jpeg

201A852A-2125-4940-89D9-DD6EC78D2E26.jpeg

824BDD49-ECC8-432E-832E-67CB14781A6B.png

editā€¦ I stole @johnny_10196 ā€˜s photo from the badge delete thread and this is the best I can do. Gold circle instead of silver was all that was available in the app I found.

90BE7D76-205F-481E-A0F3-EFBA9865A46E.jpeg

Last edited:

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
My idea to ā€œfixā€ the front end would be DRLs on both sides running horizontally under the headlights and into the grille at the center. It would kinda mimic the line where the old chrome bumper crossed on the 240

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
My idea to ā€œfixā€ the front end would be DRLs on both sides running horizontally under the headlights and into the grille at the center. It would kinda mimic the line where the old chrome bumper crossed on the 240
Hereā€™s a shitty phone edit of what Iā€™m saying. I have no complaints with the proto though
2EC87AD3-9E31-4FA8-BD57-C32B62BD1A99.jpeg

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
how about a big ol redneck 4x4 monster truck led light bar mounted right in the middle to simulate the old school chrome bumper?

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
IDK guys, I just can't seem to get over how the front of it looks and decided to order the 1320 tomorrow unless somebody can talk me out of it at the last minute...

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
IDK guys, I just can't seem to get over how the front of it looks and decided to order the 1320 tomorrow unless somebody can talk me out of it at the last minute...
import > domestic = 95% of the time

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I've owed numerous of both and quality seems about the same anymore. Of course I hardly ever keep a car for more than 3-4 years. I've had my current Mustang almost 5 and no major issues, just a couple minor things. BTW, Dodge was named first in initial overall quality by JD Powers in 2020 and I think they one something in 2019.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
t
I've owed numerous of both and quality seems about the same anymore. Of course I hardly ever keep a car for more than 3-4 years. I've had my current Mustang almost 5 and no major issues, just a couple minor things. BTW, Dodge was named first in initial overall quality by JD Powers in 2020 and I think they one something in 2019.
I think in reality, they are two completely different cars, for different audienceā€™s
One is a muscle car one is a sports car no?
Iā€™m not into the muscle car look, you donā€™t like the Z
Be a boring world if everyone was the same, but I love the way the Z looks and have no plans to change the front at any time.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I actually like both. The Challenger would be more practical with the bigger trunk and the ability to have more than one passenger if needed. I love the look of it too, but it has its quirks as far as options and such. I like some of the looks and features of the widebody, the shaker trim and also the 1320. That is why I'm having trouble deciding on a trim. I do wish it was lighter and got better mileage and realize it is based on an old platform, but then again all the bugs are worked out. But since I am single, the Z would work too. I just wish they did a better job with the front end styling and who knows how long the wait will be to get one near list price and if there will be issues the first year or so being a new model. Yeah, I know its basically the 370z re-skinned and the motor is proven, but still there could be some bugs when putting it all together. It does sound like it has a lot of potential as I know it is much easier to gain hp with a turbo, but then you have to worry about warranty and we don't know yet if they will lock the pcm like they did with the Supra.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Thatā€™s what happens when you build the same car for 15 years straight.. eventually you get good at it hahah