The All-New 2022 Subaru WRX (Teased)

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
They need to spice it up again with a wagon or hatch. Feel like it'd also be a disappointment if it DIDN'T have 300hp. Until then...

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Just realized it's dropping on Friday - guess we'll finally have some answers in this department.
wow...doing it on a friday? don't they realize everyone is gonna be out on the town, on dates, at the movies, at parties, ball games...

...oh wait, no one will be watching anyways.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yeah, I'm not sure what they've got in mind - similar to Nissan, there is a countdown on their site - https://www.subaru.com/2022-wrx - but I don't see anything about a livestream, etc.

Can't imagine they expect it to make nearly as much of a splash, so wouldn't surprise me if they've just opted for media coverage and have it embargoed until a certain time on Friday.

Captain Drew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Subaru WRX
I gotta say, it is interesting. While I'm very much in the market for a 2 door sports car, I'd be curious if they do go for a hatch model. Highly unlikely though.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I gotta say, it is interesting. While I'm very much in the market for a 2 door sports car, I'd be curious if they do go for a hatch model. Highly unlikely though.
Agreed. If they brought back the 22B body style or the hatch/wagon, you'd have my attention. Another sedan? Would take a lot to get me excited.

Z_Coastal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Audi TT S Line Coupe
I like Subaru, but the interior will undoubtedly suck, and shoppers will have to either lose the EyeSight system or live with a terrible CVT. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
Yikes, 271 horsepower & 258 ftlbs I feel like is really missing the mark. The looks actually aren't horrible to me. Looks like it's fun to whip around, but I hope the STI has at least 320 hp.

Last edited:

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
Even though the rear looks like a newer Civic/BRZ. I like the rear more than the front. I do like the body lines overall.

Hope they put a new engine on the STi version because that thing has been carried over for several generations.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
This car is getting so tall that they have to hide it with body cladding.
The next WRX will be as tall a the Forester.

Captain Drew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Subaru WRX
Oh boy, another WRX that looks like an Impreza, despite Subaru's insistence that they are two different models, with 3 more hp than the outgoing model. Subaru may be trying to beat Honda at being disappointing. I'm actually impressed. This is the same feeling of whatever I had when we found out the 10th Civic Si was going to produce the same amount of power as the 9th.