Texas members gather here...

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
yeah...years back when it cost $1-2k+ to get a registered one, we had no idea people would steal them. my wife's big 24lb we had for 16 years passed. we got the maine coon because it's the biggest domestic breed.

had a friend get his bird stolen too, but recovered it a year and a half later.
When I was around 12 I had my Siamese cat stolen. Was absolutely devastatedā€¦..he was more like a dog than a cat. He would walk me half way to school, and wait for five minutes before going home, and every afternoon after school he would be waiting at the halfway point to walk me home.
if I was at a friends house use to sit at my bedroom door and cry till I came homeā€¦.drove my mum nuts,, but I absolutely loved that cat

Last edited:

GrishTXU

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus CT200h Lexus GX 570
When I was around 12 I had my Siamese cat stolen. Was absolutely devastatedā€¦..he was more like a dog than a cat. He would walk me half way to school, and wait for five minutes before going home, and every afternoon after school he would be waiting at the halfway point to walk me home.
if I was at a friends house use to sit at my bedroom door and cry till I came homeā€¦.drove my mum nuts,, but I absolutely loved that cat ?
Thatā€™s a great story about your cat and walking to school. Iā€™m so sorry he was stolen from you.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thatā€™s a great story about your cat and walking to school. Iā€™m so sorry he was stolen from you.
Thank youā€¦itā€™s funnyā€¦Iā€™m almost 50 now, still makes me sadā€¦how anyone could take someoneā€™s pet is beyond meā€¦they become such a big part of your family.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Hello,

I grew up in Austin and then moved to Dallas after college. I owned an ā€˜82 280ZX in high school and most recently a ā€˜71 240Z.

I have 2 Bearded Collies and a Maine Coon Kitten!
44528BCA-98F8-4C8A-B84B-F627D0B91422.jpeg
we've got a pet thread on the forum...you should post this pic there too.

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
cool...what day were you thinking?
what did you plan on driving?
I'd probably go on March 19th due to work. Hoping for nice weather that day to take my MKV Supra.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I'd probably go on March 19th due to work. Hoping for nice weather that day to take my MKV Supra.
sunday may be the day i have to go,, but depending on weather and if i can get the assistant manager to fill in, i may go sat

my widebody single turbo rx7 should be back from the shop by then, so i'll drive that. if not, i'll drive my supercharged trd 86.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
snow day! funny...it was in the 80 a couple days ago. who else is stuck at home?

20220203_093823.jpg

20220203_103133.jpg

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
snow day! funny...it was in the 80 a couple days ago. who else is stuck at home?
I worked the past 2 days with the bad weather. Drove from Alvarado to White Settlement and went to pick up a few of my employees. Had fun while out driving though.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Last edited:

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
I stopped by Fred Haas Nissan near Tomball on a recent nice day when I took my 240Z out for a drive. I was thinking it would add some cred when trying to get some info on the new Z. A person from Nissan corporate happened to be there & I was able to visit with her. Unfortunately, I did not obtain anything useful, other than in her opinion mid summer to fall was more the timeframe for cars to be at dealers. I hope she was being pessimistic and was not privy to actual dates dealers would begin to get the new Z. They were not taking names for a sales list or deposits. Not much info, but I thought I would share anyway.