Sport Z Spotted With Black Interior & Smaller Infotainment Screen

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
I love the electronic display…I still can’t help but be a little disappointed in the screen size as Aus are only getting this smaller one …I know I seem fixated, but my eyes are nit what they once were
Yeah, I don't get it. If it costs like $50 more (wild guess) to equip it w/ a one-inch larger screen, then they should just make it standard and charge $50 more for the car.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Yeah, I don't get it. If it costs like $50 more (wild guess) to equip it w/ a one-inch larger screen, then they should just make it standard and charge $50 more for the car.
I believe it is supplier issues. They probably can only get so many from the suppliers and know that Americans need big stuff. LOL

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
With the delayed rollout, they should substitute in the 9" as their mea culpa.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
This trim is honestly great if people know it's gonna be a track fiend. Throw in an aftermarket diff, beefier wheels/tires, bucket seats, brake pads/fluid, maybe a roll cage of some sort and let 'er rip!
Is the performance trim diff a clutch-type LSD? In that case maybe sport trim with later upgraded torsen style LSD could be a reasonable option.

Otherwise if I could order an "all but essential electronics/trinkets deleted" version, I'd get that version. In particular, I don't care for power seats, rarely use the heated seat option in my current car, and hardly ever use cruise control or the other electronic driver assists.

The Z in particular, I'd be getting it to drive ... me providing the inputs and making the decisions, not some electronic brain.

Idrive.gif

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Is the performance trim diff a clutch-type LSD? In that case maybe sport trim with later upgraded torsen style LSD could be a reasonable option.

Otherwise if I could order an "all but essential electronics/trinkets deleted" version, I'd get that version. In particular, I don't care for power seats, rarely use the heated seat option in my current car, and hardly ever use cruise control or the other electronic driver assists.

The Z in particular, I'd be getting it to drive ... me providing the inputs and making the decisions, not some electronic brain.

Idrive.gif
It is indeed! Spec sheet from a post back during the announcement (which feels like a decade ago) - https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...san-z-build-specs-will-look-like-and-why.424/

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
You want MSRP And a 9" screen. Awful Greedy of you.
I think the thing that confused us; is if you look at our still apparently on the Nissan Canada website in the press kit PDF spec sheet, it still lists the 9" screen for the performance, yet everywhere else they randomly decided to change it for some reason.

Spec.png

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think the thing that confused us; is if you look at our still apparently on the Nissan Canada website in the press kit PDF spec sheet, it still lists the 9" screen for the performance, yet everywhere else they randomly decided to change it for some reason.

Spec.png
I’d say your getting 8inch like we are in Australia. The original specs that came out here also listed a 9inch but it’s since been change to 8inch
Nissans reasoning was they couldn’t get enough screens for our market, which I think is a cop out ….we have the smallest market around 1000 orders in before pricing was revealed that’s like one per dealer in the US.
On reality I think it was a cost cutting issue, and they thought this was an area no one would mind sacrificing .l..but I think they got that decision wrong. Particularly as it means no Sat nag and no wireless connection for android
This is my one gripe with the car, cars 10 years ago came with standard sat nav.
Luckily I have an Apple phone so can just use google maps, but that’s not the point

Last edited:

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
My concern is the 8" is said to not have NAV. So does that mean we lose the feature of the NAV screen on the dash gauge?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I
My concern is the 8" is said to not have NAV. So does that mean we lose the feature of the NAV screen on the dash gauge?
Don’t believe the Sat nav shows on the dash gauge regardless…there was a conversation about that somewhere and I think the consensus was it didn’t
You are correct 8” no sat nav and that is disappointing for a car this price, but not a deal breaker for me
Reasoning…I have an iPhone that I can connect wirelessly and use navigation from that ( it will come up on the 8” screen) the benefit to this is it’s always up to date, and doesn’t need costly updates. My Peugeot had Nav, but it was quite costly to update so I never did. Result was I would be traveling down a road only to find it was blocked off, or going the long way round not aware a new road existed ….so that in itself is not a great loss

If we are wrong about Nav coming up on the dash, it would be disappointing that we miss out, but again really it’s just for aesthetics. The system tells you where to turn and how far, and will get you to where you want no issues