ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
You have to sign a non-disclosure agreement?!?! WTF for? ... LOL. can someone explain?

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
its so you dont leak any hidden info before the full release kinda like when u alpha test or beta test games and stuff they make you do the same

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Plus it’s to keep other manufacturers from getting info on the car to one up you before the car even hits the street

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Plus it’s to keep other manufacturers from getting info on the car to one up you before the car even hits the street
I agree. There's still plenty of time for another manufacturer to design a new car 100% from scratch befoe Nissan gets off their ass and finally makes this car available for sale here in the US.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
I agree. There's still plenty of time for another manufacturer to design a new car 100% from scratch befoe Nissan gets off their ass and finally makes this car available for sale here in the US.
i dont mean that far back but people can improve small thing to try and get the upper hand

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
"Suspension is largely carried over from the outgoing Z...hardware is mostly the same" Yeahhh let's bump that number back up to 75% the same as the 370Z ?
I think Motor and Tranny count for 1/2.....but we have the same tranny......we have a (mostly) new interior as well

Let's go with 60%?

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
"Suspension is largely carried over from the outgoing Z...hardware is mostly the same" Yeahhh let's bump that number back up to 75% the same as the 370Z ?
Sounds bout right ?. Thats why im so curious of the exact price point

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
did they ever fix the CSC or is that another bill on top of the Z's price that we soon have to face down the road

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
i dont mean that far back but people can improve small thing to try and get the upper hand
Can you give an example of whom? And on what technical basis (e.g. aero, suspension, electrical, software, engine, interior) that an individual (or company) would steal their idea?

The only thing I can imagine (reiterating the word "imagine") is someone would say things that would impede their ongoing strategic advertising. For the benefit of customers (everyone on here), we should support open dialog and allow people to speak on their findings at this event. ... my 2cents

Last edited:

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Can you give an example of whom? And on what technical basis (e.g. aero, suspension, electrical, software, engine, interior) that an individual (or company) would steal their idea?
To be 100% honest and real, there isn't going to be much of anything to steal relating to the new Z. There is nothing that is full blown, completely new about the car. All the "new" parts are from other Nissan/Infiniti models, which by todays standards are already going to be slightly outdated. I don't want to make it sound like I'm complaining because I'm perfectly fine with what they've done with new Z; I personally don't need the newest, state of the art car technology.

I'm extremely happy they are still making a "new" Z. It seems they really put effort into taking the outgoing 370Z and fixing all the issues/complaints there was with it. And again, this is ideally the best case scenario for myself and many other people when it comes to affordability because if everything was completely new, the car would be $60-70k.