Sponsored

Scan tool for 2027

Metacomof9

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
12
Reaction score
13
Location
Dallas, TX
Car(s)
25 MT Sport
Recently acquired a 2027 performance trim. I have two hand held scanners an Innova 5510 and a snap on that only goes up to 2017 but oddly enough both should be able to at least read basic OBD2 codes but both report unable to communicate.

There are no warning lights or any other abnormal operation, was just going to check if any lingering DTCs from assembly were hanging around.

There's been some type of OBD2 protocol switch being phased in past few years and required by 2027+ ???

https://www.vxdas.com/blogs/news/sa...qjmTteNyY7PtGZBYFbz5qvV0-9joqKLbdiqkXaE3hzRsD

https://smgspeed.com/blogs/news/202...7SNX37mHz5Pp3b7V6fXOoIMFGIrxNMWJ0r_l8o0zqDuNd

And then we have the Nissan secure gateway securities.

Can anyone else with a 2027 confirm if your scanner, and what model you're using can communicate with your 2027 at least basic function such as read/clear DTCs?
 

funnyman850

Well-Known Member
First Name
Justin
Joined
Jan 10, 2026
Threads
15
Messages
107
Reaction score
116
Location
Boston
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
'25 Z Nismo
I have a vepeak adapter that works with my phone and it hasn't failed on any car yet. OBD Scanner app uses consult protocol.

Works on my '25 but can't change any consult specific functions. Would be cool if someone was able to make an app like Bimmercode for us to change some functions
 

Who.Am.Eye.2716

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
752
Reaction score
861
Location
WA State
Car(s)
Z
I’m guessing to make changes on ā€˜25+ models you need a gateway bypass cable - https://www.z1motorsports.com/tuning/z1-motorsports/z1-25-nissan-tuning-harness-p-83905.html?m=NEWZ
I have heard about this for tuners. Didnt know it was needed for the DTC scanning.

I have an Innova 5610 on my '24 and it works, but didnt work for ABS stuff. Said, data unknown or something like that a yr ago. I was supposed to send data logs to the engineers to get a firmware for it. Never got around to it and havent needed it since.

Now that I said it, .I better check and see if there is a latest firmware for the device.
 

thesilverbullet

Well-Known Member
First Name
Silver
Joined
Jun 16, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
832
Reaction score
833
Location
Clemson
Car(s)
ā€˜25 PRFM M/T
Occupation
EE
I have heard about this for tuners. Didnt know it was needed for the DTC scanning.

I have an Innova 5610 on my '24 and it works, but didnt work for ABS stuff. Said, data unknown or something like that a yr ago. I was supposed to send data logs to the engineers to get a firmware for it. Never got around to it and havent needed it since.

Now that I said it, .I better check and see if there is a latest firmware for the device.
I’m guessing any third party will not be able to make changes - but according to my tuner you can read status \ datalog thru the stock OBD port.
 

funnyman850

Well-Known Member
First Name
Justin
Joined
Jan 10, 2026
Threads
15
Messages
107
Reaction score
116
Location
Boston
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
'25 Z Nismo
I will try to read codes on my '25 with Bluetooth dongle and follow up on how it goes. If I remember correctly, it did read correctly before, but I can verify
 
 






Top