Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z, F20 bmw, 911
Occupation
Otolaryngologist
Im in Mexico Help please!

-Bought a Z in last days of february, before paying manager confirmed availability and 5 days waiting time.

-After paying it he changed its color and was given to me with lot of lies from dealership (All process toke a month)

-I received it “new” with 85 km on it in March 24th, it was very nice detailed to pass imperfections at naked eye

-Once at home check and they gave me an EXHIBITION OR DEMO CAR, not a brand new one as I paid for, had many esthetic issues on driver seat leather, mats had the Z dirty, multiple scratches on paint, rear trunk didn't open, contacted next day immediately Nissan but they didn’t solve anything

-After 1 month of use 400km of low rpm
Its fried with check engine and drastic loss of power.

-Dealership DENIES to give me a precise written inform, they only mentioned is a module related to VVT and they don’t have estimate time of repair.
Today is 10th day inside dealership for that warranty.

-Have had lot of new cars and anyone has giving me this premature fail.

What would you do in this case?
In mexico this car is extremely rare and dealerships havent experience on this model.
Does it affect change of VVT future reliability of my car?
I have try to reach Nissan to listen my issue but here seems old western time…
No laws on Mexico that protect me as customer.
Any good ideas, can you help me doing it mediatic so can have a response

Images are exactly how they gave it to me “brand new”

IMG_4533.jpeg

IMG_4550.jpeg

b1ef101d-3ab0-4364-b419-866c5ed1cbe6.jpeg

b298d39a-494a-4601-a7a3-e956f16f609c.jpeg

ef748744-3e34-44e8-a5b0-cb7a76fe161b.jpeg

IMG_4183.jpeg

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
If it already had 85km on it, why did you accept it? I would have denied that right away if they claimed it was new. Thats a red flag right away

OP
OP

Michaelgt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z, F20 bmw, 911
Occupation
Otolaryngologist
If it already had 85km on it, why did you accept it? I would have denied that right away if they claimed it was new. Thats a red flag right away
General manager said 85km are “normal and proof km on a new car” I trusted on a serious place Sir.

Lenk

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z, Mercedes EQS AMG, Land Rover Defendant
Occupation
Attorney
Personally I don't think those creases in the leather seat would appear after 85 kilometers. I venture to guess that there is more to this saga. You can electronically roll back an odometer with the correct black market tool. You really need to look into the history of your car.

I am sure you can sue for Breach of Contract or Fraud in Mexico when it is determined how bad you have been taken.

Good luck.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
The interior scratches pretty easily, my car also had just under 100kms when delivered here in Australia. It’s normal. They have to transport the car to from factory, onto and off ship, at port and occasionally on the road in protective outer and inner wear to dealership/on off truck.

Regarding the seat creases - the driver/s might have been larger or didn’t care when getting in and out and that’s an issue but I’ve got some were and tear after 1500kms unfortunately.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
The interior scratches pretty easily, my car also had just under 100kms when delivered here in Australia. It’s normal. They have to transport the car to from factory, onto and off ship, at port and occasionally on the road in protective outer and inner wear to dealership/on off truck.

Regarding the seat creases - the driver/s might have been larger or didn’t care when getting in and out and that’s an issue but I’ve got some were and tear after 1500kms unfortunately.
Might vary from place to place, but I've never bought new car, Z or otherwise, that had more than a couple of miles, so from my perspective 85-100km on the odometer at pickup would be a no-deal unless it had been agreed to beforehand and/or price adjustment made. If they sell me a supposedly new car, I expect no more than a few miles, no scratches, and no creases in the upholstery. Mexico...well, that's a different deal. They do many things differently in that country, so maybe that's acceptable business-as-usual there. In my experience, it would be very rare at a reputable dealer in the US.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
No one will ever get a car with 0000kms or miles on the odo. Not even a GT3 RS