First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
I only have 400 miles, I barely drive her and I noticed my first rock chip! I’m so pissed!!!! I don’t ride up on anyone’s ass . I should have done the PPF! Ughhhhhh .

I’m kidding about being pissed but seriously… UGHHHHHH

IMG_5884.jpeg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I had a tiny one on my 2023 Z and another already on my NISMO both on the hood similar size. was able to fix them for the most part. here is a link to the diamond black touch up. ive used it many times already

what I did was use a little touch up then go back over it after it dries with some scratchX polish as this lowers and smooths the touch up paint down even to the car without marring up the paint around it

https://www.z1motorsports.com/touch-up-paint/nissan/oem-nissan-touch-up-paint-p-9505.html

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
A few days ago I got two tiny pits in my windshield from something flying up. Wasn't near any other cars and was going maybe 35mph. Wouldn't even call it chips as there isnt really any depth to them. A buddy says it will polish out
PXL_20240204_234312237.jpg

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
No question, the front of the Z is a rock magnet. I don't know about other areas, but Minnesota road crews have some kind of love affair with rock/oil aggregates....makes a clear bra PPF much more important. Doesn't help the windshield, and on my 370Z I had the windshield replaced once and resin resin-fill of rock cracks twice. The windshield replacement was accompanied by a couple of phone conversations with my insurance company and another couple of phone calls witht SafeLight. They will finally agree to OEM glass, but they're not happy about it.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
Keep the car dirty and don't wash it as much so that you don't notice all the small blemishes. Part of the wear and tear. I try not to examine my cars in detail so that these things don't bother me as much. I just use and enjoy them.

OP
OP
AlanZ

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Keep the car dirty and don't wash it as much so that you don't notice all the small blemishes. Part of the wear and tear. I try not to examine my cars in detail so that these things don't bother me as much. I just use and enjoy them.
It’s funny you say that. I haven’t washed her since I got it ceramic coated in November… but as I walk out to my wife’s car with the kids, this rock chip was just staring at me and I had no choice but to stare back!! Lol

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
My first chips were on the passenger side headlight lens, pretty deep too! Oh well! Still love the car 😊

iztrumental

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo
A few days ago I got two tiny pits in my windshield from something flying up. Wasn't near any other cars and was going maybe 35mph. Wouldn't even call it chips as there isnt really any depth to them. A buddy says it will polish out
PXL_20240204_234312237.jpg
First major piece of rock that hit my car. Hit my windshield and I was goin about 50mph while in a far distance from car in front of me. Luckily it’s just a small nick and it didn’t crack my windshield.

IMG_1422.jpeg

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Sport
Occupation
Illustrator, Graphic Design
This makes me feel a little better because I recently noticed my first rock chip and it's almost in the exact same spot, and I was debating on getting a wrap and decided against it.