Rattle on drivers door.

flyrchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
That's what it sounds like, but no window tinting on my Z. I'm very nervous about dealership pulling door panel off, but rattle is driving me bat crap crazy. Didn't realize they pulled panel off to tint windows.
Mine is doing that as well. It gets annoying. Thanks for the fix, its due for its first oil change in about a month.

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Let me know how it goes when you take it in. Would like to hear how they solve it. I haven't taken mine in for service yet. Only 600miles so far. Curious if they can take door panel off without scratching the plastic.

MindScape

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research
I have a rattle in my drivers door since day 1 also - however it only really happens when a song is bass heavy. Nissan already replaced the speaker as they thought it was the speaker - still does it. Noticed it doesn't rattle though if I crack the window even just the tiniest bit. Nissan wants to replace my whole door panel next to try that, but I am wondering if it's something to do with tension on the window motor/cable at all. Super annoying though!

Hatoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Brz
Nissan does seem to struggle with the electronics of their vehicles and the backup camera in our new Z's is one good example. This is not unique to the current model Z...it was true of the 370Z as well, and in fact is true of the last 3 Murano Platinums that my wife has had.

Otherwise, yeah...the current Z (and the Murano) are great cars.
It's really kinda shocking how bad the camera is. The after market camera for my other car was only $100 and is 10x better in image quality. Idk how Nissan could get away with such a cheap low quality camera in the z 🤦‍♀️

flyrchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
It's really kinda shocking how bad the camera is. The after market camera for my other car was only $100 and is 10x better in image quality. Idk how Nissan could get away with such a cheap low quality camera in the z 🤦‍♀️
That was one the things they kept to keep costs down. I agree.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
That was one the things they kept to keep costs down. I agree.
Yeah...it's probable that they assume that crappy camera quality isn't likely to be a deal breaker for someone wanting to buy that car, and they're probably right.

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
So I think I might have fixed the rattle. Removed the 2 bolts below door handle and popped off door panel. Not completely though, 1 bolt still remains. Enough to get behind panel and straightened out the cables. 1 cable was ran under a plastic bracket that appears to put pressure on it and caused the rattle. Fingers crossed that fixed it. Been 150miles since I did that and so far so good.. all factory, no window tint.