Random Car News Thread

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Suppose this might help explain why Subaru thought it was a good idea to make the WRX look...the same? I'm still mad about it, lol.

https://www.autoblog.com/article/fastest-selling-new-used-cars-2/

"The fastest-selling new car in June 2022 was the Subaru Crosstrek, with an average time of 12.9 days to sell. The average sales price for the Crosstrek in June was $30,299, so people are buying higher-end trims of the car, which in base form starts at around $24,000. The Honda Civic, Subaru Forester, Honda CR-V, and Subaru Impreza round out the top five."

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Suppose this might help explain why Subaru thought it was a good idea to make the WRX look...the same? I'm still mad about it, lol.

https://www.autoblog.com/article/fastest-selling-new-used-cars-2/

"The fastest-selling new car in June 2022 was the Subaru Crosstrek, with an average time of 12.9 days to sell. The average sales price for the Crosstrek in June was $30,299, so people are buying higher-end trims of the car, which in base form starts at around $24,000. The Honda Civic, Subaru Forester, Honda CR-V, and Subaru Impreza round out the top five."
Don't have the link, but recently another automotive article stated that the used car demand for last gen WRX/STI is greater than the demand for new WRX. Some kind of statistical maffs.

My coworker just got a new WRX in blue. The darker color hides it's hideousness better, but the rear bumper is unforgivable no matter how you look at the car.

I truly don't think that the WRX and Crosstrek are intersectional. I'm shocked Subaru would've thought that. Maybe they wanted another shot at the SUS they had in the 90's?

Also read another article stating that the latest WRX was the slowest one they've tested, going back to 2002 even. The fastest were when the 2.5T came out..... those would still be considered exceptionally quick by today's standards

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Looks like these people are mostly going after SUVs, but maybe performance cars they don't like in terms of mpg etc, could be next:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/public-shaming-tire-deflators-target-090014313.html
“You’ll be angry, but don’t take it personally. It’s not you, it’s your car.”

I’m all for efforts to course correct, but this is unacceptable. You never, ever, ever fuck with someone’s car.

Couldn’t even bring myself to finish reading the article.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Hyundai to pay $19.2 million for widespread credit-reporting failures, U.S. regulator says

July 26 (Reuters) - A U.S. regulator has ordered a Hyundai Motor Co (005380.KS) affiliate to pay $19.2 million for repeatedly giving credit-reporting agencies inaccurate information about its customers, including that they were delinquent on loans and leases.

Hyundai Capital America, which serves about 1.7 million drivers of Hyundai, Kia and Genesis vehicles, agreed on Tuesday to pay a $6 million civil fine and $13.2 million in restitution to current and former customers.

The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau called the case its largest against an auto servicer under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act.

According to the regulator, Hyundai provided inaccurate information more than 8.7 million times across 2.2 million accounts from January 2016 to March 2020, tarnishing customers' credit reports and often resulting in lowered credit scores.

The CFPB said the errors resulted from "systemic" procedural shortfalls that the South Korean automaker knew about, sometimes through internal audits, but did not fix or took as long as eight years to fix sufficiently.

In a statement, Hyundai Capital America said it has launched an "end-to-end review" of its credit reporting, and was committed to giving customers "timely, accurate, high-quality service and care."

The Irvine, California-based affiliate has a $45 billion customer portfolio, the CFPB said.

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...t-reporting-failures-us-regulator-2022-07-26/

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Never happen. As long as dealers continue to contribute to politicians, you'll have dealers. However, I think their business model will become modified.

But traditional manufacturers like Ford are usually prohibited from selling their products directly to customers, a legacy of fears over vertical integration written into state laws during the early 20th century. As such, Ford's franchised dealers will almost certainly still have a role to play.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco