R35 Nissan GT-R Thread

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
We'll find out a few hours. If it were a new R36 I think Nissan would have made more of a fuss over the unveiling.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Hmm don't understand Nissan's purpose here, GT-R is at the end of its life cycle at 2022, probably a special edition heritage or ?? Can't be that much change mechanically. Really hoping for at least a hybrid version come 2023 with instant torque!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
this might be the last ice gtr for japan and then skynet takes over...

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I've lost track of how many times she's said the word color.

Love both though.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
2021 T Spec GT-R

For those who arent night owls, Nissan had a press conference last night debuting the supposed last version of the R35.

I really realllllly dig the wheels. the Millennium Jade paint is pretty sexy as well.

Mostly these seems to be a parts bin mash up from previous GT-R's. i see some track edition fenders, Nismo CC brakes, the black/track edition carbon wing, etc...

Supposedly it's going to be about $140k to bridge the gap of the premium and Nismo models.

I just want to snag a set of those wheels once someone wrecks one.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Big +1 to the wheels - those are HOT - and I love love love that they brought back the OG paint schemes too.

Presser is here, confirming pricing - https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/re...ction-t-spec-edition-joins-nissan-gt-r-lineup

"The 2021 GT-R T-spec joins the previously announced GT-R NISMO Special Edition with a very limited number of models available for sale in North America this winter. Pricing for the GT-R T-spec and GT-R NISMO Special Edition will be $138,4901 and $215,6901, respectively."

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/re...ction-t-spec-edition-joins-nissan-gt-r-lineup

September 14, 2021

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nissan today announced a special, limited production 2021 GT-R "T-spec" edition, which will be available in two iconic body colors and with a range of upgraded features.

Slotting in above the GT-R Premium grade, the new, limited-volume GT-R T-spec adds wider front fenders from the previous Track Edition, gold-painted RAYS® forged aluminum-alloy wheels and a carbon-fiber rear spoiler. Body-colored door mirrors, black hood ducts and T-spec badging complete the exterior changes. Also added are carbon ceramic brakes with brake air guides from the GT-R NISMO.

Most notable about the new GT-R T-spec are the two exclusive exterior colors – Millennium Jade and Midnight Purple. Millennium Jade was previously offered on the R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nür, one of the rarest GT-Rs ever. With the name inspired by the Nürburgring racetrack, only 718 V-Spec II Nür units were produced – with just 156 carrying the Millennium Jade color. This is the first time this color will be offered on a GT-R in the U.S. market.

The new Midnight Purple is a modern interpretation of the Midnight Purple III from the R34 V-Spec, which was limited to 132 units, and the 2014 special edition Midnight Opal R35 GT-R that was limited to only 100 units worldwide (50 in the U.S.).

The T-spec interior includes a special "Mori Green" interior color, premium semi-aniline leather-appointed seating with pearl suede accents, quilted Alcantara® headliner and additional T-spec badging.

Under the hood, GT-R T-spec customers will find the legendary, hand-assembled twin-turbo VR38DETT 3.8-liter V6 engine, rated at 565 horsepower and 467 lb-ft of torque. The refined powerplant is backed by an advanced paddle-shifted sequential 6-speed dual clutch transmission with GT-R's unique independent rear transaxle ATTESA E-TS all-wheel drive system.

The 2021 GT-R T-spec joins the previously announced GT-R NISMO Special Edition with a very limited number of models available for sale in North America this winter. Pricing for the GT-R T-spec and GT-R NISMO Special Edition will be $138,4901 and $215,6901, respectively.

nissan-gt-r-t-spec.jpg

nissan-gt-r-t-spec.jpg

2022-Nissan-GT-R-JDM-20.jpg

2022-Nissan-GT-R-JDM-18.jpg

NissanGTR-R35-TSpec-10.jpg

NissanGTR-R35-TSpec-13.jpg