Status
Not open for further replies.

Treefitty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
335i
Hmmm I’ll have to check my units of measure for ticks...I hope it’s under 3400lbs...3500lbs is too heavy for a small wheelbase two seater coupe. A C7 vette weighs less than that with a 6.2L v8!

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
According to Dan, the curb weight will be "a tick more than the current car most likely."

For reference, the 370Z's curb weight is 3,333 pounds for the manual version and 3,362 pounds for the automatic.
I'm all for that. That's a good number for everything that's required and the new engine's additional weight.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
According to Dan, the curb weight will be "a tick more than the current car most likely."

For reference, the 370Z's curb weight is 3,333 pounds for the manual version and 3,362 pounds for the automatic.
We should start taking bets!

I'm thinking no more than 3400 for MT. Nissan did say they are using aluminum hood, doors and hatchback. Is that true of the 370Z? They probably didn't add any structural weight for crash tests as pretty much nobody focuses on small-sales 2 seater crash tests.

BTW, C&D got a 4,047 pound Q60 RS AWD to 60 in 4.4 seconds! The Performance Z with the 9AT and Launch Control, weighing 600 pounds less ought to be very very quick.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Revs it up at 13:46
Heard that, but many engines sound quite a bit different under load than when goosed in neutral. Hope that is the case here as I was not so impressed with this sound. Mic placement, recording equipment, etc. obviously impacts this as well....

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Good morning Dan!

Thank you for being so accessible, this is what enthusiasts love.

So, I have two questions:

1. What colors will be available at launch (interior & exterior)?

2. Is the manual transmission exactly the same as it was in the 370Z, or has it been tweaked?

Thank you!

BlkAsn

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z Sport Tech
Occupation
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Who do I need to contact to pre order the proto spec Z? If so, is the deposit $5K? If already sold out, I will wait for the Nismo…

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Dan,
Following Z-con in Colorado, where might we get a chance to see the new Z again? Will there be some sort of tour? I’m sure all of us would love to see it in the flesh!
Thanks

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Dan. I just thought of another questions.

On turbo engines (especially the VR30 according to the Q50/Q60 forums) it is important get the oil temp up to 140 degree before driving the car with any kind of gusto to increase turbo life. Will the MT models have an auto start feature?

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
Hi Dan. I just thought of another questions.

On turbo engines (especially the VR30 according to the Q50/Q60 forums) it is important get the oil temp up to 140 degree before driving the car with any kind of gusto to increase turbo life. Will the MT models have an auto start feature?
I don't think any manual transmissions come stock with remote starts. It would bypass too many safety implementations. And I figure you'd have to find a way for it to depress the clutch as well

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I don't think any manual transmissions come stock with remote starts. It would bypass too many safety implementations. And I figure you'd have to find a way for it to depress the clutch as well
my jdm mkiv could be started without pushing in the clutch...you just better hope it wasn't left in gear...

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Senior Nissan VP saying there will be different output levels of the v6. Maybe he means future variants like Nismo. He can't mean the current car. That was already supposed to have been decided. What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.