Playing video from phone on the Z's infotainment screen

deibu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I have heard there may be an app that overides the infotainment screen to allow streaming of video from your phone onto the Z's infotainment screen by making the car think the feed is coming from the camera.

Does anyone know what app can do this?

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Gotta make sure he doesn't miss a redgif, it's a vibe

OP
OP
deibu

deibu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
are you trying to override the safety feature so you can watch stuff on the screen while driving?
Yes, well of copurse my eyes will be on the road, but my wife likes to watch stuff!

OP
OP
deibu

deibu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
🐮💩
She and everyone else on the road would be better off if she uses her phone to watch stuff.

Agreed that inattentive driving is rampant. People still holding phones while they drive, texting whiile they drive, smoking, vaping, putting on make up...letting their dogs ride on their laps...wearing masks in their car while driving alone limiting oxygen to their already deprived brains...craziness abounds.

My wife in this scenario is the passenger...but realistically put, more than half the drivers on the road in the USA have no business being beind the wheel...and should really just stay off the road. Too many are not only careless but have no insurance as insurance is not tied to registration and licensure like it is in Japan. It's no wonder that many states have such ridiculously low speed limits...consider the other great car market, Germany and the Autobahn...

My wife is Japanese. In Japan driving is a priviledge and the bar for licensure is high. Cars must be maintained and insured to be registered.

In Japan the motto for life in general and particularly driving is 安全第一 or ANZEN DAIICHI, Safety First. Driving conditions are far more challenging than in the United States.

Yet, in Japan cars have been able to livestream on their monitors since monitors came out. Watching DVDs, even streaming live TV is the absolute norm. The monitor in the Z is designed to live stream, as it does so in the Japanese Market...

I would suggest the reason monitors in the US cannot live stream is not a factor of the inherent danger of streaming, but something else.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
I would suggest the reason monitors in the US cannot live stream is not a factor of the inherent danger of streaming, but something else.
Is it safe for me to assume you have been to Japan?
If so, you already know the answer. You basically answered it.
Streaming is a factor of the inherent danger because the people here make it that way.
The sense of entitlement and lawyers would make automakers think twice.
Why add yourself to the group of drivers you described?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
You can't compare Japanese culture to American culture.

Huge difference in demographics, we are far more diverse, in every way. A country that has a diverse population behaves completely differently than a monoethnic country with effectively one race, one culture.