Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Don't look too close, some of this is just a trial run.

For anyone interested though:
  • Z1 Carbon Radiator/Air Guide
  • Z1 Carbon Intakes
  • Z1 Billet oil cap (black)
  • Nismo Carbon Engine Cover (red stripe and vents painted Ikazuchi Yellow)
  • Stock strut, painted Ikazuchi Yellow (yes... I chipped the left side when I was wrenching it back on... fml)
1690002709280.png

Next steps:
  • respray strut brace to fix the chip... *sigh*
  • replace the stripe - colour not quite right. I did paint it, but masking f*cked up, so I just slapped some vinyl on it. I've got some Avery Primrose Yellow coming, which like a very close match. Will see how that looks.
  • AMS Intercoolers (ngl, doing this more for the looks than for performance... for now)
Always welcome to hear constructive criticism and comments if you have any!

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
that looks killer...

any other plans?
Cosmetically? Only the ones mentioned in my post. Maybe rims for track days.

I'm working through a list of ancillary performance mods before I add more power. Aiming for 400wkw on e85 ultimately.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
What you did with the engine cover is super cool. Not sure if you were aware but nismo developed that engine cover based off the Infiniti protect black concept car which actually has yellow accents

infiniti-q60-project-black-s-prototype_100672976_l.jpg

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
Why the Nismo engine cover vs the Z1? And the converse regarding the intakes. Just curious.

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
What you did with the engine cover is super cool. Not sure if you were aware but nismo developed that engine cover based off the Infiniti protect black concept car which actually has yellow accents

infiniti-q60-project-black-s-prototype_100672976_l.jpg
Oh snap! No, didn't know this - this is my first Nissan/Infinity, I've pretty much had euro cars up to this point. The cover in the pic above looks a little different - coolers are much lower down?

Why the Nismo engine cover vs the Z1? And the converse regarding the intakes. Just curious.
I was actually logging into Z1 to get their engine cover and saw the Nismo one. Yolo.
I liked the accent of colour, but didn't want it to be red. Figured I'd get it and paint it, and if it turned out crap I'd just go get a Z1 one.
Gotta say, the Z1 carbon products are actually reeeeeeally nice. Super clean, solid, glossy and nice carbon weave. 10/10 recommend.

Regarding the intakes - didn't actually know that Nismo had released intakes?
I was waiting for the AMS ones since I saw the clear cover in prototype stage... but they took too long and I got impatient and just ordered the Z1 ones a few months back.
I'll probably change over the AMS intakes once I figure out how I can change the colour of the filters to ta matching yellow colour 🙃

Reactions: KCZ

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh snap! No, didn't know this - this is my first Nissan/Infinity, I've pretty much had euro cars up to this point. The cover in the pic above looks a little different - coolers are much lower down?

its not the exact same cover and the engine it was just directly inspired by it as this car was a concept that never made it to market so they just took that design not letting it go to waste and made it their own with the NISMO cover

1690065444107.png

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
its not the exact same cover and the engine it was just directly inspired by it as this car was a concept that never made it to market so they just took that design not letting it go to waste and made it their own with the NISMO cover

1690065444107.png
Ahh gotcha!
Pity they didn't just do one in yellow for the proto fanboi/fangurls!

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Proto Z hey I got my NISMO engine cover today. does it just slide on using the existing holders under the OEM cover. any adjustments needed?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep just push pins.
I was a little concerned it wouldn't hold tight, but so far so good.

ok that is what I thought that it just pushes down into position. even though ive looked it it 100 times I didnt realize until today the OEM one even had bolts which I guess arnt needed

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
ok that is what I thought that it just pushes down into position. even though ive looked it it 100 times I didnt realize until today the OEM one even had bolts which I guess arnt needed
That is right- it's actually easier than the one cover. Hasn't shown any signs of coming loose, even with fairly spirited driving :)

CRYDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Proto, 2013 BMW M3 GTS
Occupation
sometimes
Don't look too close, some of this is just a trial run.

For anyone interested though:
  • Z1 Carbon Radiator/Air Guide
  • Z1 Carbon Intakes
  • Z1 Billet oil cap (black)
  • Nismo Carbon Engine Cover (red stripe and vents painted Ikazuchi Yellow)
  • Stock strut, painted Ikazuchi Yellow (yes... I chipped the left side when I was wrenching it back on... fml)
1690002709280.png

Next steps:
  • respray strut brace to fix the chip... *sigh*
  • replace the stripe - colour not quite right. I did paint it, but masking f*cked up, so I just slapped some vinyl on it. I've got some Avery Primrose Yellow coming, which like a very close match. Will see how that looks.
  • AMS Intercoolers (ngl, doing this more for the looks than for performance... for now)
Always welcome to hear constructive criticism and comments if you have any!
Looks Good