Orders Open on 11/15/21 for 2022 Nissan Z

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Best all of us to do right now is to build good relationship w your local dealer, a larger one hopefully to better your chances, no point in pushing demands on them. This might even help in getting closer to MSRP.
Haha that's what I'm doing.

rpinson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C5Z, 93TT
I just can't make myself believe that there will be no consumer ordering at all simply based on one Twitter response from months ago, likely from a mid level marketing employee. I get that they don't want a Bronco or C8 fiasco, but to go from "order from your home! it's so easy!!" to "take your chances that the dealer closest to you won't add a $30k ADM to whatever they want to order" would be the biggest release blunder in history.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
I see no conflict.
You can order from your home a new Z with $30K ADM on it... delivered to your driveway.
Nissan has no control over dealers, and dealers are not in charity business.
Don't get me wrong. I want a new Z at MSRP, but I will not be holding my breath...

but to go from "order from your home! it's so easy!!" to "take your chances that the dealer closest to you won't add a $30k ADM to whatever they want to order" would be the biggest release blunder in history.

Shreddrr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
Occupation
University Student
Best all of us to do right now is to build good relationship w your local dealer, a larger one hopefully to better your chances, no point in pushing demands on them. This might even help in getting closer to MSRP.
Ha! Way ahead of you. I live in a small town and my parents have already bought 2 cars from the local Nissan dealer. Let's hope they bless us.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I just can't make myself believe that there will be no consumer ordering at all simply based on one Twitter response from months ago, likely from a mid level marketing employee. I get that they don't want a Bronco or C8 fiasco, but to go from "order from your home! it's so easy!!" to "take your chances that the dealer closest to you won't add a $30k ADM to whatever they want to order" would be the biggest release blunder in history.
Apparently, Nissan puts more emphasis on the manufacturer-dealer relationship than a couple of other nameplates.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I mean Nissan never specified or mentioned anything about when orders would open. In fact the only thing Nissan did say is that there would NOT be orders and/or pre-orders available; and that the Z will be arriving in Spring 2022. I keep saying it, but if Nissan corporate themselves did not specifically announce something, do not believe it.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I know we were (originally) told no reservations, however this was just announced - https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/re...-all-new-2023-nissan-ariya-electric-crossover

"The reservation process:

The simple reservation-to-delivery process can be completed fully online:
  1. Customers visit NissanUSA.com/ariya/reserve, set up a MyNissan account, select their Ariya using the Nissan online vehicle configurator and place a $500 refundable deposit.
  2. Customers then select an EV-certified Nissan dealer to have their Ariya delivered to.
  3. After the vehicle is delivered to their dealer, customers can complete their purchase either online through Nissan@Home, or directly at the dealership.
  4. Once customers complete their purchase, they can choose to have their Ariya delivered to their home or pick it up at the dealership."
It sounds so easy! The way it should be!

More on the landing page - https://www.nissanusa.com/ariya/reserve/platinum+/explained

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 10.51.34 PM.png