• Total voters

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
I wish these Tubers would get their facts straight. And comparing a lowered car (auto) to a stock car (manual) is not an apples to apples comparison.

He said the Z is less tail happy and compliant as the ass end was stepping out on him. lol

-RJM

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
I wish these Tubers would get their facts straight. And comparing a lowered car (auto) to a stock car (manual) is not an apples to apples comparison.

He said the Z is less tail happy and compliant as the ass end was stepping out on him. lol

-RJM
Yeah, that review i found was quite contradictory

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
A second Z review by the same guy, comparing it directly to a Supra back to back. (He had the Z for a full week and found it worked great as a daily.) He prefers the Z for its better handling predictability, grip on acceleration, and ride compliance.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I think Toyota (partnership started 2013) had substantial input to the B58TU engine (2018 revision to original B58). There was an article awhile back that Toyota engineers studied BMW's engines thoroughly to approve or disapprove it. The Japs are highly intelligence when it comes to QA/QC and they can spot some unintended consequences.

BMW only produced the B58 for <5yrs before they revised it entirely at the front of the block. The B58TU was revised to have a single time chain, from two timing chains w/ intermediate drive/gear.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
I think Toyota (partnership started 2013) had substantial input to the B58TU engine (2018 revision to original B58). There was an article awhile back that Toyota engineers studied BMW's engines thoroughly to approve or disapprove it. The Japs are highly intelligence when it comes to QA/QC and they can spot some unintended consequences.

BMW only produced the B58 for <5yrs before they revised it entirely at the front of the block. The B58TU was revised to have a single time chain, from two timing chains w/ intermediate drive/gear.
5821E0FA-58D0-4C70-873B-E9043EB58293.jpeg

-RJM

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
the first design the guy needs to get slapped just like the guy who put the starter in the middle of the engine on the new z06
1656722636725.png

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
There was an article awhile back that Toyota engineers studied BMW's engines thoroughly to approve or disapprove it. The Japs are highly intelligence when it comes to QA/QC and they can spot some unintended consequences.
too bad they didn't notice the timing chain faces the firewall...