OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
The same poll on the Supra forum will have the same results just flipped ?.

I think they are both good in their own way. The Supra has very Toyota styling, anime dragon inspired with very exaggerated features. The Z is very Nissan, sharp yet subdued. I'll be happy to see both on the road!
Yeah there's also a thread of C8 vs Supra on their forum and the majority chose the Supra. Must be smokin' crack if you take a Supra over the C8. If I were asked C8 vs Z I would no question take the C8 any day. Anyone who says otherwise is just a massive fanboy.

Guff

First Name
Guff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
Yeah there's also a thread of C8 vs Supra on their forum and the majority chose the Supra. Must be smokin' crack if you take a Supra over the C8. If I were asked C8 vs Z I would no question take the C8 any day. Anyone who says otherwise is just a massive fanboy.
Go to the C8 forum and ask if you'd take a C8 or a GTR, and everyone would take a C8. Do the same on NAGTROC, and everyone will talk about how their GTR on E85 and bolt ons will spank the Corvette, etc etc.

People are on these forums because they're fans of these cars. And that's okay, everyone can like what they like!

PS. I own a MKV Supra and I'd take it over a C8, mostly because the C8 is exorbitantly expensive currently and that the understeer is really a shame, not to mention the EPS system is a let down vs the previous gen. Overall awesome car nonetheless!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
So are you getting a C8 then, or do you mean if you were asked to pick either a C8 or Z in some sort of free car situation? If the latter, I too would take the C8 and then sell it to get what I really want. I pass a Rapid Blue C8 every time I drive to work and I'm just not a fan.

Recently I was asked if I would take a G82 M4 over my car which is really a pretty stupid question. Of course I'd trade a car worth $8k for one worth $80k, but then it would be the same deal as above. Sell it to get something I really wanted. All my recent cars have performed well enough, but I'm just not going to own a car if I'm not a fan of the appearance. I sure as hell won't shell out another $20k+ for a car I don't even like over one that I do.

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Go to the C8 forum and ask if you'd take a C8 or a GTR, and everyone would take a C8. Do the same on NAGTROC, and everyone will talk about how their GTR on E85 and bolt ons will spank the Corvette, etc etc.

People are on these forums because they're fans of these cars. And that's okay, everyone can like what they like!
So are you getting a C8 then, or do you mean if you were asked to pick either a C8 or Z in some sort of free car situation? If the latter, I too would take the C8 and then sell it to get what I really want. I pass a Rapid Blue C8 every time I drive to work and I'm just not a fan.
I'm a Z fan but I'm a pure car enthusiast. I won't denounce any great sports car regardless if I own it's competitor. I never understood the hate the new Supra gets. I don't think it looks that bad. I don't care if it's half BMW. Yes there's fake vents, but again, I personally don't care that much. I appreciate a car for it's ability, look, and performance. But to each their own.

Any who, if I had the pocket change to choose between a new GTR or C8, again I'd take the C8. Especially with the Z06 coming soon and will have 600HP+. It'll probably start around the same price as a new GTR. Have a look and listen.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
As an owner of a c8 and a MKV Supra, I’d take either over this new Z. My personal preference in cars is what turns heads, tbh more important than performance (not that the z is predicted to be faster than either stock).

i had a Shelby gt350 before and people just didn’t care. It’s too refined of a look, not offensive like the mkv Supra. To me the new z looks like the previous two z’s with an updated body kit (because it is).. I hope heads turn for you guys too but I doubt it.

BUT: If you are a loyal z fan then this car is AMAZING! The way it puts all the generations together is magical, I wish the Supra community or corvette community would ever do something like that. Can’t wait to see you guys on the road

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
As an owner of a c8 and a MKV Supra, I’d take either over this new Z. My personal preference in cars is what turns heads, tbh more important than performance (not that the z is predicted to be faster than either stock).

i had a Shelby gt350 before and people just didn’t care. It’s too refined of a look, not offensive like the mkv Supra. To me the new z looks like the previous two z’s with an updated body kit (because it is).. I hope heads turn for you guys too but I doubt it.

BUT: If you are a loyal z fan then this car is AMAZING! The way it puts all the generations together is magical, I wish the Supra community or corvette community would ever do something like that. Can’t wait to see you guys on the road
For me, first and foremost I have to like/love the look of a car and then the performance aspect is a very close second. In reality it must meet both criteria, but if I can't get over what a car is lacking to me visually then there's no way I'm looking at it every day.

I'm sure the new Z will turn plenty of heads, but I really couldn't care any less about that as I've always bought cars for me and nobody else. While I'm sure you enjoy both the C8 and A90, based on your comments and your GT350 example it sounds like that you care a lot about what other people think about your car, perhaps even more than yourself.

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
That’s how expensive cars sell. No one buys a Ferrari 458 for 250,000 when a 80,000 c7 zo6 is faster. It’s not about the speed for them, it’s about the rarity.

The MKV is hard because the Toyota boys hate them, and the bmw guys don’t really care about the z4. Cars with identity problems always stay rare since there are no loyalists that will buy them.

Keep buying cars that you think look good. As long as it makes you happy

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Here's my two top criteria when it comes to choosing a car like this.

1. How fun it is to drive.
2. How it looks to me.

I really don't care about impressing anybody else (one of the few benefits that come with aging).

That said, and this may come off as hypocritical, I don't want to buy a Camaro or Mustang as those seem to be a dime a dozen. I want something unique.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

2. How it looks to me.

I really don't care about impressing anybody else (one of the few benefits that come with aging).

That said, and this may come off as hypocritical, I don't want to buy a Camaro or Mustang as those seem to be a dime a dozen. I want something unique.
Agree, with your criteria and the reasoning…also want it to be a bit unique, that’s why no BRZ or 86…dime a dozen in Aus.

The only thing I will add is I do appreciate the updated tech in the car, Apple car play, sat nav and digital display for those ageing eyes, and updated safety such as cross traffic monitoring reverse camera…it all makes it a little more enjoyable and fun to drive

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

2. How it looks to me.

This is one of the main reasons I chose my 370Z. It looks unique and you hardly see them. They may not be as fast as a V8 Camaro or Mustang but I'd still rather have a 370Z. I see Mustangs and Camaro left and right every day to the point where they just look boring. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten compliments for my 370Z and to be quite honest the car is nothing fancy. It just looks unique and you don't see them often.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Agree, with your criteria and the reasoning…also want it to be a bit unique, that’s why no BRZ or 86…dime a dozen in Aus.

The only thing I will add is I do appreciate the updated tech in the car, Apple car play, sat nav and digital display for those ageing eyes, and updated safety such as cross traffic monitoring reverse camera…it all makes it a little more enjoyable and fun to drive
The tech part is why I never pulled the trigger on a 370Z once I was in a position to be able to buy one. Having to plug in a power cable and a 3.5mm aux cable just to be able to listen to my own music was archaic years ago.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
I’m on the MKV forum and I do chuckle at the “which would you pick” threads. I will I momentarily considered a C8 before I found out they were selling well above MSRP. For me, the Supra at $48ishK was a much better buy than a C8 at ~95K. That said, I never thought it was a better car, just a much better buy for ME. Also shopped C7.

Looking forward to the Z, but I know it will be a long wait. Quite happy in the Supra while waiting. The blob fish is a joy to drive.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The tech part is why I never pulled the trigger on a 370Z once I was in a position to be able to buy one. Having to plug in a power cable and a 3.5mm aux cable just to be able to listen to my own music was archaic years ago.
Plug in? In the Z it shouldn’t be plug in. Should be via blue tooth, once connected reconnects every time you enter, at least it does in Hondas, I’m surprised that so many like the 370 relied on cords. My Peugeot is blue tooth and is almost 8 years old!