Nissan Z - The Price is Right Edition / Expected pricing model?

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
WA if your correct these prices will be a gift , Alfonso indicated starting price will be under 45 , substantially less then 45 with Motorman interview

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
WA if your correct these prices will be a gift , Alfonso indicated starting price will be under 45 , substantially less then 45 with Motorman interview
Just a guess like everyone else…really the US price is meaningless for me…Au price changes so much from US, every car brand is different, so I’m hoping my AU prices are spot on or a little lower.
But you gotta be in it to win it!

splatrd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS, Mustang Ecoboost
I am afraid MSRP will be irrelevant as most dealers will be jacking prices to the moon. If they pull out a miracle and actually get cars to dealers in the spring, there will still be a global shortage of cars. High demand for new cars will give dealers ability to charge what they want. Just look at the new Bronco. The first edition model has MSRP around $60k. However, they are selling on Ebay for well over $100k.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I am afraid MSRP will be irrelevant as most dealers will be jacking prices to the moon. If they pull out a miracle and actually get cars to dealers in the spring, there will still be a global shortage of cars. High demand for new cars will give dealers ability to charge what they want. Just look at the new Bronco. The first edition model has MSRP around $60k. However, they are selling on Ebay for well over $100k.
This is why I'm in no rush. I'd like to pick one up next Fall, but if it goes into 2023 so be it. At some point I'll have to give in though since my car's not getting any younger.

kittens

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none atm
I don't have high hopes to get one at MSRP either next year but I don't want to wait an additional year. if I can't find one at sticker I will have to get something else or maybe get a cheap miata to hold me over. Although those don't exist either

mike9978h

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6
The car should start around $35k given it is based on the previous Z and uses part bin items like the engine, transmission, digital screens etc.
Just because the Supra is over priced doesn’t make $49k a bargain for this. The other competitive cars the z is compared against have not increased in price much over the past couple of years. The previous Z was $31k so a 30% increase is unwarranted. Plus Nissan say they want to make this accessible and $35k rather than $40k is more accessible.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Would anyone consider buying a used redsport instead of a new Z? They’re getting to be cheaper in price.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Would anyone consider buying a used redsport instead of a new Z? They’re getting to be cheaper in price.
Beautiful car, but the lack of a 6MT is the deal-breaker for me. I would have given in and bought one years ago had they offered a third pedal.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord!
42/47 - I read the pricing talk from Nissan as it'll be close to 40... as over 40. Nismo 55k?

I'm looking to buy in '24, hoping the market gets back to normal by then.