Ford

tractng

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 RDX, 2016 Miata
Occupation
Systems Admin
I still don't believe the new Z will be mid $35k for a v6 turbo with 400HP. I know they are undercutting Supra and the German pricing but that is almost $15k difference in base price. I took a peek again last night at Infiniti site and the Red sport is almost $55K+ car. Yes the Nissan badging is lower but it isn't 20K lower.

Base price:
Supra with 3.0, $51K
Infiniti Red Rose $55K (4 door version)

My wild guess will be $43K for the Z!

Jdawg_89

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
I still don't believe the new Z will be mid $35k for a v6 turbo with 400HP. I know they are undercutting Supra and the German pricing but that is almost $15k difference in base price. I took a peek again last night at Infiniti site and the Red sport is almost $55K+ car. Yes the Nissan badging is lower but it isn't 20K lower.

Base price:
Supra with 3.0, $51K
Infiniti Red Rose $55K (4 door version)

My wild guess will be $43K for the Z!
While ~ $35k may be a bit optimistic, I don't think that price will be too far off the mark. I know most of us are comparing the Z against the Supra, but I think Nissan is gunning for the Mustang, Camaro: the more value-oriented sports coupes. These cars (and potentially the Z) will sell in much higher volume leaving the dealer at ~$40k than they would at around 50. Remember a lot of parts/components are coming from the older 370z and infiniti, with some new body work and mild chassis improvements to keep R&D costs low. The 3.0t engine, modern tire tech, great looks inside & out, and a design ethos centered around brand heritage, could be a home run for Nissan, and they know how important it is to make the car affordable.

I think most of us, except those ticking the boxes on all available options, will leave the dealerships paying $45k, OTD.

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
The color looks good and I like seeing the car with less camo. Its gonna be nice to see with no camo at all in all the colors offered. I like the black roof, but don't feel like it'll go well on every color.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Yes, this color looks a lot better out on the road than it did in the initial leaks.