Nissan Z roadster coming? What about a T-Top, Targa Top, or Shooting Brake?

What body style would you be interested in?

• Total voters

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The Z and G convertibles have had their fair share of issues. As a new Z may likely be a collector car, I wouldn't recommend collecting something with a mechanically complex folding top mechanism.

Now, T-tops on the other hand, all of my Z's had T-tops and they never gave me any issues. I loved them. Targa would be totally cool also!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Nissan can leave a 300Z TT convertible on the table, seeing as how the Z34 370Z and Z35(Z34.5?) 300Z chassis are mostly the same, the engineering work for convertible is mostly already done.

I'm not a fan of sporty convertibles, I have been known to roll a car over once, and ever since I've appreciated a solid roof over my head. I would seriously love the new 300Z TT in T-Tops or targa top for sure, that would be awesome!

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Never been a fan of soft top convertibles on ANY car. A targa would look great though. Please definitely no t-tops.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The upcoming Z could definitely be made available in a convertible, 95% of the engineering was already done and manufactured for years on the Z34 chassis.

Blame the pandemic.

Without a pandemic constraining production and leading everyone into hyper inflation, Nissan would've made more than 2 Z trims available for first year, sales would've exceeded expectations leading to a convertible offering for the 2024MY.

However, it's going to be years before all car manufacturers stabilize, and in the interim inflation is going to tear everyone up. It was smart for Nissan to limit the Z to 2 trims, it's the healthiest way going forward.