First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Maybe we have a different definition of 'order' then... Dealers were taking expressions of interest before hand, some even taking money, but Nissan Australia only formally took pre-orders in September 2021 through their site:
https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/z.html

Not trying to be argumentative with that comment either - I am mentioning it specifically because Nissan themselves are the ones allocating the vehicles, not the dealers.

Their website also very clearly stated that delivery would be "Mid 2022".
1657001759685.png

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Maybe we have a different definition of 'order' then... Dealers were taking expressions of interest before hand, some even taking money, but Nissan Australia only formally took pre-orders in September 2021 through their site:
https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/z.html

Not trying to be argumentative with that comment either - I am mentioning it specifically because Nissan themselves are the ones allocating the vehicles, not the dealers.

Their website also very clearly stated that delivery would be "Mid 2022".
1657001759685.png
Your wrong ā€¦my order was also placed in the computer system and has been with Nissan Australia since April 2021.
There are many many others like me.
The only reason the order is on a paper form is at the time it was not in the system.
People placed orders with their dealers, using the back door of the computer system they ordered them as 370Z with the notation that they were actually Zs ( at that stage there were no longer any 370Zs left) and then they became the start of the ā€œlistā€ of orders that Nissan Australia has at head office which stayed in the back door of the computer system, until recently.
The orders were then rechecked about a month ago, and at that time it was commented that I was the first order through my dealer and close to being first in the state, but not THE firstā€¦this was confirmed by the lady who actually inputs all orders

This does not mean dealers are getting the cars, they are being handled by Nissan Aus the same as your orderā€¦you do realise that when you went through the computer system through the official pre order link they sent you to your nearest dealer to actually place an order, which was then placed through the back door the same as those that were put in before said date of officially opening

You can ask @jezzza different state, same process, he has even seen the list.
I promise you, there were many orders officially in the system before they advertised a pre order dateā€¦which explains you were nit the first order despite arriving on the doorstep on the day ā€œpre ordersā€ ā€œopenedā€

As to arrival, yes it says mid year (although I will say that date has changed a number of times, indeed there is a photo of August being the deliver date somewhere in the Aussie thread) Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not possible they will arrive in July, only that their were orders in long before September, and dates have been moving around for two years

As I said hope you get your car in July, I ordered a Coupe so different story, even though my dealer seems to think there will be a mix of cars arriving, as has a number of car reviews

Last edited:

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
I feel like this is escalating, and I'm really not sure why... legit sorry I posted at all now...

I'm very familiar with the documentation that the dealer provided - I had my "contract for a 370Z" before Nissan Australia posted the queue online also... I don't consider that a formal order, but hey that's just me.

Good luck with yours. I hope you get the call up soon! :)

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I feel like this is escalating, and I'm really not sure why... legit sorry I posted at all now...

I'm very familiar with the documentation that the dealer provided - I had my "contract for a 370Z" before Nissan Australia posted the queue online also... I don't consider that a formal order, but hey that's just me.

Good luck with yours. I hope you get the call up soon! :)
Not not at all, we agree that orders could arrive as early as July, indeed that was my latest timeline ā€¦just saying that timeline has been moving a lot.

The only thing we disagree on is an order.
If you had your original paperwork in, that would have/should have been entered at that timeā€¦and that would explain why you are second in the state
The original date is what order the orders were placed on the list, nothing in the dealers system changed until a week or so ago, thatā€™s why paperwork wasnā€™t updated until thenā€¦because people ordering via the pre orders were still being put through as 370zs ā€¦the system had not been updated ā€¦.for instance, my dealer now has 20 plus orders in the system, and even though Nissan Aus is directly handling orders, I am still number one on that list. Now I might not get my car first because I ordered a coupe and not a Proto, but I am first up for a coupe in the area, the order stands

I should say by your definition, your order was in and supposedly confirmed, but we know that is nit the case and some orders placed during the timeline of pre ordering will not be filled, or some may be asked to change to auto ect

As I said, not expecting a call for a week or two as they are dealing with the protos first

Last edited:
OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
I did get confirmation mid last year that order details had been sent through but to be honest Iā€™m not sure that weā€™ll ever be certain what Nissan Australia did with our early preorders.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I did get confirmation mid last year that orders details had been sent through but to be honest Iā€™m not sure that weā€™ll ever be certain what Nissan Australia did with our early preorders.
I too had confirmationā€¦and as we are in two different states with different dealers I have no reason to doubt it, especially when the lady that places orders confirmed it.
If they had not been I doubt we would be high up on our dealers lists because I didnā€™t sign anything again till this week

Iā€™m not trying to cause trouble, but it @Duchess put in paperwork earlier than the pre order, it would also explain why their order was not first but high up on the list

Anywayā€¦we move on šŸ¤£

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Ha, nothing like a good old internet stoush.

Helps take the mind off Nissan turning this dream car release into a steaming heap of shit. Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory nissan! šŸ‘Œ

Best of luck to all involved in this debacle regardless of who put what into whomevers back-door system šŸ™„šŸ˜‡

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Anyway, I'm flying into Perth tomorrow so I'll not say anymore on the topic until I fly back out later that day. I'd hate to run into any trouble and find myself getting clobbered with a sock full of soap or something šŸ˜†

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ha, that'd be 2 nissan dudes that have gone dark after their dealings with West Aussie then after her sales dude went AWOL šŸ˜†
Nahā€¦only one! Just the sales guy, and in my opinion he deserved it
You can find him back peddling about a 5k mark up on Facebookā€¦now saying it will start at 5k LMAO

@Duchess and I were have a lively discussion that's all, we move on. No hard feelings. My car guy is still working with the AHG group, he has just moved to a different car brand down the roadā€¦apparently they have more to sell ATM
But that sales guy from the US was really bugging me Clearly he was only here to drum up business. Only ever commented on his own thread, and then when he learnt he wouldnā€™t have more than a couple to sell he nicked off ā€¦so glad we donā€™t have to deal with that crap here.

Communication maybe sketchy in Aus but at least our dealers have nothing to gain by dodgy gamesā€¦they all get paid the same!

@Ballast Scorcher hope you get homeā€¦the airports look a real mess ATM

Last edited:

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
You can find him back peddling about a 5k mark up on Facebookā€¦now saying it will start at 5k LMAO

@Duchess and I were have a lively discussion that's all, we move on. No hard feelings. My car guy is still working with the AHG group, he has just moved to a different car brand down the roadā€¦apparently they have more to sell ATM
But that sales guy from the US was really bugging me Clearly he was only here to drum up business. Only ever commented on his own thread, and then when he learnt he wouldnā€™t have more than a couple to sell he nicked off ā€¦so glad we donā€™t have to deal with that crap here.

Communication maybe sketchy in Aus but at least our dealers have nothing to gain by dodgy gamesā€¦they all get paid the same!

To that sales guy's credit though, he was willing to admit months ago, the likelihood of a 2024+ date, for some USA customers to get a Z. Which is what I expected. Hopefully things work out better on the AU side.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver

Ha, yep, well if he was speaking shit, I daresay he deserved the smackdown as I don't think anyone can quibble over your desire to cut through the bullshit.

And thanks very much for the thought, sadly, you're correct though. Regional flights are an absolute shitstorm currently. Kinda make the Nissan z release saga a light diversion by comparison really. Regional flights from whichever carrier you choose are a mess. I've already been notified that my virgin flight has been delayed after I cracked the shits with Qantas's endless cancellations

I honestly cannot put into words how utterly demoralising it is to finally finish ya 2 week stint only to sit at the airport waiting for your connecting flight only to have the rug pulled from under you and your flight cancelled 90mins from wheels up when alls you want to do is go home.

Anyhow, ill be at the airport for several hours tomorrow if ya care for a chin wag šŸ˜†

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ha, yep, well if he was speaking shit, I daresay he deserved the smackdown as I don't think anyone can quibble over your desire to cut through the bullshit.

And thanks very much for the thought, sadly, you're correct though. Regional flights are an absolute shitstorm currently. Kinda make the Nissan z release saga a light diversion by comparison really. Regional flights from whichever carrier you choose are a mess. I've already been notified that my virgin flight has been delayed after I cracked the shits with Qantas's endless cancellations

I honestly cannot put into words how utterly demoralising it is to finally finish ya 2 week stint only to sit at the airport waiting for your connecting flight only to have the rug pulled from under you and your flight cancelled 90mins from wheels up when alls you want to do is go home.

Anyhow, ill be at the airport for several hours tomorrow if ya care for a chin wag šŸ˜†
My hubby and youngest son went to Sydney to see the grandparents ā€¦now Iā€™m worried they wonā€™t make it back.
Today they had people who had actually boarded the plane, made to sit on the tarmac for over an hour only to cancel the flight due to no staffā€¦ I mean come on, surely you would know that before loading a flight. And that was Perth to Sydney, not even regional

Itā€™s a shambles thatā€™s for sure. I will cross my fingers for you

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
My hubby and youngest son went to Sydney to see the grandparents ā€¦now Iā€™m worried they wonā€™t make it back.
Today they had people who had actually boarded the plane, made to sit on the tarmac for over an hour only to cancel the flight due to no staffā€¦ I mean come on, surely you would know that before loading a flight. And that was Perth to Sydney, not even regional

Itā€™s a shambles thatā€™s for sure. I will cross my fingers for you
Yep, it's pretty dire. They pilfer staff from regional flights to fill interstates and clearly they're still short. If you type in Geraldton and flight cancellations I'm sure you'll find a somewhat recent article floating around where Qantas had cancelled 19 services and 15 were to Geraldton. Now keep in mind no other carrier services them and yeah, it's bad. Kalgoorlie is marginally better having virgin aswll, but yeah, it's a rough trot.

Thanks for the thoughts and hopefully your family gets home in a timely fashion šŸ˜Š