Nismo Z prototype spied testing in the U.S.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Agreed. Ford pulled a similar thing, tens of thousands of people were still waiting for their regular Broncos, yet for some reason Ford was leaking and teasing special Raptor and Everglades versions. It stirred things up at the time in not such a good way.
Ford still did a better job than Nissan.

To be fair to Ford, the bronco was dropped in the worst part of the plandemic, but I see them everywhere now. Yeah they're still probably being marked up, but so are Corollas and Civics....

Furthermore, the bronco is a clean sheet design with dozens of variations and highly unique, specialized parts not shared in other models. Unlike the Z being a decades old recycled chassis.....

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Ford still did a better job than Nissan.

To be fair to Ford, the bronco was dropped in the worst part of the plandemic, but I see them everywhere now. Yeah they're still probably being marked up, but so are Corollas and Civics....

Furthermore, the bronco is a clean sheet design with dozens of variations and highly unique, specialized parts not shared in other models. Unlike the Z being a decades old recycled chassis.....
That's part of it, but Ford also had some self-owns.

Such as their faulty reservation system, which ended up more like a marketing scheme, and ticked off lots of customers. Or their continuing failure to produced a good hardtop, still causing delays in certain model availability such as the 2-door version.

That's a reason there are early reservation holders from 2020, still waiting for one Bronco, while some other guys have three or more. Sadly Ford's promise of a 28k base model 2-door manual Bronco for me is fading away.

And then the irony, with Bronco MIA I get into sports cars and become interested in the Z, and the Z too is MIA WTH!? Maybe I'm the Jonah. ;)

Last edited:

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
with what looks like the customized proto front bumber I wonder where the front plate is going to go.