First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Any 2nd generation owners saying that? It sounds like (via the reviews) that the new engine was a huge improvement in this category.

And I hear you, @jdm-rhd - seems like they're still a pain to find, though.

just responding again because both have had several track days past the break in now. Both love them. They are stupid quick around the twisty portions of the track. Both owners couldn't be happier.

Lots of track friends are on waiting lists to buy them. In some of my time trial competitions the biggest, most competitive, and fun run groups are filled with new and old twins. makes me almost want to get one just have more competition.

recent clip:

Will be racing again this weekend with some at Summit

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
just responding again because both have had several track days past the break in now. Both love them. They are stupid quick around the twisty portions of the track. Both owners couldn't be happier.

Lots of track friends are on waiting lists to buy them. In some of my time trial competitions the biggest, most competitive, and fun run groups are filled with new and old twins. makes me almost want to get one just have more competition.

recent clip:

Will be racing again this weekend with some at Summit
That's great to hear, thanks for sharing! I keep going back and forth on them, primarily hesitant because of the gasket issues (along with Subaru engines being Subaru engines) but I keep seeing such positive reviews - including yours - which continues to sway me.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
That's great to hear, thanks for sharing! I keep going back and forth on them, primarily hesitant because of the gasket issues (along with Subaru engines being Subaru engines) but I keep seeing such positive reviews - including yours - which continues to sway me.

I tell my friend he ought to pull his pan and check for RTV and he says "meh, if it blows it is under warranty" I wouldn't want to have to down time but ok
Yeah, one has become a good friend and I see him at every SCCA event now. I too will be following along. He recently added upgraded pads and camber plates.
I know Verus has just come out with an aero package already.

On short tracks there are setting really fantastic times already. Lots of track rats are buying them. On big power tracks like VIR the hp is the limiting factor like always.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I should have probably put my name on a new GR86 waiting list a while back, to swap with my current first gen BRZ. Only we are still having lots of fun with the BRZ and (knock on wood) it's been solid. (I'm not sold on a few visual design elements of the second gen.) Plus I was waiting for the mythical Z to finally show up, to see and test drive before deciding on a future car.