Toyota Presents World Debut of the New 2022 GR 86

timszee

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Car(s)
Corolla
This looks so good.. The screen is a little out of place. Always want the first round of this car but the Z got the better part of me. I would consider this but can't deny the TT Z I've been dreaming about for years..

DevonK

Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
^ LOL. I'd love to live somewhere (or maybe on some world) where the Z is only going to be $5k more than a GR86. Here in Canada it's not going to start for less than $42k, which will be at least $10k CAD more than the base GR86 - probably closer to $15k. I'd love to be proven wrong....

50thZ

First Name
Rudy
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Z of course

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Looks decent, but way underpowered IMO.

DrivingEnthusiast

Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Stillen 'charged G37S, Boss 302
These aren't comparable, they are in two different classes entirely.
Like these press people comparing a Leaf to a Tesla - just because they are both electric. I always get a laugh out of those writers.
That said, the 86 and BRZ have both taken a big step forward. Lots of questions to be answered there. Again it's faster than a Miata, but this time it might actually - might - out-accelerate an S2000. It will depend on the driver.
In any case it's not competition to the Z because it's in a very different price range, down market.

Haste

Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 BMW 335i E92 6MT
We're getting both. Picking up a BRZ or 86 late this year or early next year, and a Z most likely in '23.