DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Awesome stuff as always from @MattMaran
Really too bad it still sounds like shite.... Like that blue though.

One reviewer who's bought one has had the dealer kill the sound augmentation and it actually sounds a lot better that way in-cabin.

Last edited:

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
interesting that he posted this last week, i.e. after driving the Z, and in praising it he compared it to his beloved Stang but never once mentioned the Z as another option.... Makes me wonder if in reality he's a bit cool on the Z, even if he gives it a fluff job in his upcoming review.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Looks like the battle of the twins is settled for all but extreme track junkies.... the BRZ just rides a lot better on real roads (plus it doesn't have that ridiculous doubled-up lip spoiler). Autoblog reviewer drove both back to back on the street:

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/05/12/toyota-gr86-subaru-brz/

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
BRZ also gets better tires than the 86. MPS4S vs whatever bullshit comes on the 86.

MattMaran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
Car reviews on YouTube

Thank you!

interesting that he posted this last week, i.e. after driving the Z, and in praising it he compared it to his beloved Stang but never once mentioned the Z as another option.... Makes me wonder if in reality he's a bit cool on the Z, even if he gives it a fluff job in his upcoming review.
I actually drove the Z after my week with the BRZ, but as you can now see in my review, the pricing is my main sticking point with the Z.