New Z35 rumors - coming 2016, before Q60 debut, with more than 400 HP

sun tzu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT
BOYS we have hope.

so zdayz is this week and I will be attending. usually Nissan brings new toys for the Z enthusiasts to enjoy. last year we got the be the first people ever to see the 2015 Nismo. also they brought a GT-R nismo to put next to it. the year before that they brought us the Juke-R which also was not seen by anyone but the development team and whatnot of course.

so this year my hopes were diminished based on the 2016 continuation of the Z34......until.

a FB post from one of the events head people posted about what the Nissan reps told him they were bringing.....

a couple new production cars (non Z), a concept car (which is a Z), and a few of their race cars.
also Chris Forsberg is coming with his drift cars, and Z1 also brings 3-5 of their race cars so it'll be interesting.

if anything promising is there I will have pics and video to post after I return sunday night.....maybe Monday since after a 9 hour drive I doubt i'll want to get online lol
Wooo... Please post it here if you see anything (Sunday not Monday, we can't wait that long!! lol). I was expecting a production Z in 2016 (obviously not anymore) but hey I'll settle for a Z concept car NOW. Don't forget about us little people :)

sun tzu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Hi all, new here. I'm closely following the development of the new Z as I work in some capacity with Nissan/Infiniti.

I can confirm that 2016 will basically be a carryover. No imminent confirmations for 2017 and beyond. I'm sure executives and a select few know more but I'm as excited as all of you. The Z definitely needs a refresh.
At this point I'm sure we all know 2016 is a no go, but really? no imminent confirmations for 2017 and beyond? I gotta think all those rumors were not just fantasy. They even hyped it with that Jay Leno visit.

Would you happen to know if what fpenvy posted is true... a Z concept car is being shown?

debussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37S
According to my source, for now MY17 will still be named 370Z. This could change if NNA suddenly decides they want to change course but I have been given no indication that MY16 will be the last year for this generation. The only major change for MY16 is a new exterior color and a few minor updates. FWIW, and I'm sure you may have heard that Nissan is developing new engines for the upcoming MY16/17 Q60. Perhaps we'll see variations of those engines in the next Z. I don't work with concept cars at all. That's more of an NNA thing I'd guess so no clue on their plans for revealing a concept.

debussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37S
I guess this somewhat contradicts the original post. Hopefully I am proven incorrect and we will see the new Z much sooner.

OP
OP
MillerP

MillerP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3
Some very interesting info posted here. I have a feeling debussie is right and we don't see anything until possibly 2018. It's been way too quiet. I do hope we get a concept soon so we have some inkling of what is planned for the next generation.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
ok so it was a bust. just the nismo vert as expected.

best part was nismo GT-R's everywhere this year at zdayz. such a pretty car.

talked to a few people who have better sources than I and they said honestly it's tight lipped. obviously MY16 is the same as 15

i'm growing very sad with no info and seeming like miller said being a M18 drop with the R36 GT-R which is rumored to be MY18

debussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37S
Confirmed at least from my end is that 2017 will still be 370Z (Z34). And NISMO Roadster, although not confirmed, may be the big addition for MY17. R35 GTR will also remain for MY17. The new Q60 is set to be released in 16/17 with an all-new V6 TT engine that's being called a VR, replacing the VQ. There will be at least 2, maybe 3 engine variations for the Q60. Hopefully, they'll do this for the next-gen Z as well.

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
ok so it was a bust. just the nismo vert as expected.

best part was nismo GT-R's everywhere this year at zdayz. such a pretty car.

talked to a few people who have better sources than I and they said honestly it's tight lipped. obviously MY16 is the same as 15

i'm growing very sad with no info and seeming like miller said being a M18 drop with the R36 GT-R which is rumored to be MY18
Figured the internet would've blown up by now if there was something shown but thanks for reporting back. It looks like we are in for a long wait. I just wish we had any indication that a new model is coming anytime within the next few years. Then I can at least plan how long I need to wait.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Confirmed at least from my end is that 2017 will still be 370Z (Z34). And NISMO Roadster, although not confirmed, may be the big addition for MY17. R35 GTR will also remain for MY17. The new Q60 is set to be released in 16/17 with an all-new V6 TT engine that's being called a VR, replacing the VQ. There will be at least 2, maybe 3 engine variations for the Q60. Hopefully, they'll do this for the next-gen Z as well.
Figured the internet would've blown up by now if there was something shown but thanks for reporting back. It looks like we are in for a long wait. I just wish we had any indication that a new model is coming anytime within the next few years. Then I can at least plan how long I need to wait.
the next GT-R is now looking like a MY2020 and the next Z is on the table as a MY17 still from a few sources i spoke to.

also at zdayz had the chance to speak with Nissan sports car division reps but they gave up less than most people i got to talk to. but so far the new info I've gathered is the Z35 is still shooting for MY17 with either a showing at Tokyo at the end of the year or spring of next year's round of auto shows. also that the 4 cyl turbo rumors may be debunked. the new talks are that the current 3.7 will be a base option and the 3.0L TT is the upgrade engine option. of course the nismo will have a better tuned version of the more powerful engine as it does currently.

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
I would be VERY surprised (pleasantly so) if it is still on the table for 17MY. Typically you would already have seen some hints of it in a concept, spy photos, patent sketches etc. Base 3.7 and 3.0L TT as the higher trim would be great though. Actually wouldn't mind the 4 cylinder base if it saves costs and makes room for the TTV6 version.

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i
2017 model year is still a long while away so I don't think it's totally out of the question or unusual to not have seen any teasers. Most mfgrs still haven't built a 2016.