New 2022 Civic Si Revealed

COOL Z

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
I own a 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe. It's the better one of all the options and years for sure. No electronic nanny no redicouous BS stereo pumped exhaust no massive black plastic inserts in the back. I simply did a dual muffler delete which adds some really good pops and clicks. I added a BOV plate to feed my want to be fast ... but ... Coming from a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 the Si is terribly under powered. That is why I find myself here in search of two doors. I have less than 9000 miles so depending on what I can put together on a Z. It's up in the air. Some say to never buy the year one model so ... Dang ... Not sure but the Z has really inspired me. I mean a bunch of Honda executives sat down and THIS is what they decide is a good representation of Generation 11. It's completely redicouous. No coupe is because of no sales. We live in a bubble here I suppose we all want what no one else wants? I mean what would I do with a sloppy SUV? I feel like a square in a circle but CLEARLY the Z has a lot of charisma ... Just like my rally red coupe!

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I own a 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe. It's the better one of all the options and years for sure. No electronic nanny no redicouous BS stereo pumped exhaust no massive black plastic inserts in the back. I simply did a dual muffler delete which adds some really good pops and clicks. I added a BOV plate to feed my want to be fast ... but ... Coming from a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 the Si is terribly under powered. That is why I find myself here in search of two doors. I have less than 9000 miles so depending on what I can put together on a Z. It's up in the air. Some say to never buy the year one model so ... Dang ... Not sure but the Z has really inspired me. I mean a bunch of Honda executives sat down and THIS is what they decide is a good representation of Generation 11. It's completely redicouous. No coupe is because of no sales. We live in a bubble here I suppose we all want what no one else wants? I mean what would I do with a sloppy SUV? I feel like a square in a circle but CLEARLY the Z has a lot of charisma ... Just like my rally red coupe!
I had a 07 Si coupe in rally red, absolutely loved that car. Not very fast but winding each gear way out made it extremely fun. Miss that K20. I’ve always toyed with the idea of getting in another Honda but the Si is too slow now and the Type R is just a little over the top.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
This feels like the 2022 WRX all over again - people love the way it drives, but the looks...leave a bit to be desired. Guess it would be great for a daily?

maxdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Tundra
Looks so much better than the 10th gen. I like the sleeper look.

Type R is a fantastic vehicle, but too boy racer for my tastes. Hopefully that is toned down as well.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
This feels like the 2022 WRX all over again - people love the way it drives, but the looks...leave a bit to be desired. Guess it would be great for a daily?
The WRX is flat out ugly. The Si is just boring looking.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The new Si supposedly lost a bit of content:
-no longer has dual zone climate
-no heated seats
-no adaptive suspension
Up here the Si gets several features not on the US version - and for less money:
  • heated front and rear seats and external mirror
  • heated steering wheel
  • 10.2" full digital IP with rev lights
  • dual zone climate
  • turn signals embedded in mirrors
  • front and rear parking sensors
  • fog lights
  • wireless charging
  • electronic day/night rear view mirror

Why? Honda Canada based its Si on the highest Touring trim level Civic, US did not.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Up here the Si gets several features not on the US version - and for less money:
  • heated front and rear seats and external mirror
  • heated steering wheel
  • 10.2" full digital IP with rev lights
  • dual zone climate
  • turn signals embedded in mirrors
  • front and rear parking sensors
  • fog lights
  • wireless charging
  • electronic day/night rear view mirror

Why? Honda Canada based its Si on the highest Touring trim level Civic, US did not.
I know! The Canada Si is very nicely equipped. It actually makes a good case for a low-end Audi alternative.

Here in USA, all stripped out, and with really average performance and a $30K price tag, I wouldn't even consider the Si. I think an Accord 2.0T is a better bet....especially when they were still available with 6MT.