My shiny new thing!

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
New to me daily beater/kid hauler. Life circumstances changed (in laws can no longer watch/transport our kids) and it was no longer feasible to have a 2 door car…. No way in hell I was giving up the Supra so was looking for something older and AWD and 4 cylinder. Was looking for a MK7 golf and came across this mint 2015 GLA AMG. Going to split time in this and the Supra for the time being.

3D7C539C-8602-482C-95ED-546B6AEBA65E.jpeg

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Can confirm, Jamaica is beautiful and is the perfect post-op recovery.

1669664321169.jpeg
love jamaica...been there twice.
we stayed in negril. where are you staying?

recommend the catamaran ride to go see the cliff diving at rick's. you'll probably have the dolphins following you there.

if you dive i highly recommend that too. ive been to many places and believe jamaica is very underrated.

have fun

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
love jamaica...been there twice.
we stayed in negril. where are you staying?

recommend the catamaran ride to go see the cliff diving at rick's. you'll probably have the dolphins following you there.

if you dive i highly recommend that too. ive been to many places and believe jamaica is very underrated.

have fun
I had major surgery on Nov 8th so all I'm fit to do is lay on a beach......we had to do an all inclusive (aka stationary cruise ship)

We were staying at Secrets: St. James in Montego Bay, I ventured off the reservation to get some Juci Patties and try some damned Jamaican KFC......also I had to reup on my "Medication" a few times (Jamaican pre-rolls lol)

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
26x3 is done. Don't think I'll be able to walk tomorrow. Getting too old for this kind of manual slave labor. Only 57 more feet to go plus a hallway and 2 bathrooms.... should be done before the z comes out, which is plenty of time.

20221130_220100.jpg

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
New to me daily beater/kid hauler. Life circumstances changed (in laws can no longer watch/transport our kids) and it was no longer feasible to have a 2 door car…. No way in hell I was giving up the Supra so was looking for something older and AWD and 4 cylinder. Was looking for a MK7 golf and came across this mint 2015 GLA AMG. Going to split time in this and the Supra for the time being.

3D7C539C-8602-482C-95ED-546B6AEBA65E.jpeg
Didnt even realized they switch to Honda FWD architecture for their SUV/CUV. :(

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
26x3 is done. Don't think I'll be able to walk tomorrow. Getting too old for this kind of manual slave labor. Only 57 more feet to go plus a hallway and 2 bathrooms.... should be done before the z comes out, which is plenty of time.

20221130_220100.jpg
tiling and glued-down wood flooring is hard on the knees. Been there done it, no thanks!!

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
tiling and glued-down wood flooring is hard on the knees. Been there done it, no thanks!!
You know, I am actually surprised nothing from the waste down hurts. Its my back that does. And ya, after this, I will never do flooring again!

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Indeed. You've got a couple of years...at least. Maybe you should use a different motivator 😂

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Indeed. You've got a couple of years...at least. Maybe you should use a different motivator 😂
Nope, I think I chose the right one. This is literally going to take me years to finish haha. My time is very limited these days and I have 0 help.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
You know, I am actually surprised nothing from the waste down hurts. Its my back that does. And ya, after this, I will never do flooring again!
My dad has been in the flooring business for 50+ years, since age 17. Installer for the first 20 years, owner for the last 15-20 years, and salesman in between. I've helped him on and off with jobs since I was a kid but ultimately wanted no part of that line of work. It's definitely hard work and takes a toll on your back and knees. At age 73 he could still make it look easy if he really wanted, but I don't blame him for sending someone over instead whenever I want something done. Gotta love free material and labor.