MK5 Supra Sales US

BS180

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion
Pretty abysmal in Canada. If the Z sells less like everyone is thinking. My chances of scoring a Z are pretty good. Don't think they have to much supply issues to worry about with the Canadian Market; lmao

1657217064366.png
You do realize Canada gets approx 300 supras per year right, so the sales are pretty good considering.

OP
OP
Loco38SUP

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The grand total is starting to reflect in my area. Iā€™m seeing at least 1 Supra every week in my neighborhood.

If @takemorepills would just give in already and get a manual MK5 he could join our Supra meets & cruises. šŸ˜‚

-RJM
Seriously thinking about getting on a MSRP list for both cars and seeing which one happens first!

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 2JZ-GTE RHD Japan Import
Occupation
Founder
The problem with the Mk V is that it is just hideously ugly (and didn't have a manual gearstick).
As a supra owner, I agree. The stock supras are a bit strange to look at. But with a few exterior mods, it's much more appealing on my eyes :)

Night Supra Full Res-3 (1).jpg

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
As a supra owner, I agree. The stock supras are a bit strange to look at. But with a few exterior mods, it's much more appealing on my eyes :)

thats alot of carbon down here in MIa i have my carbon lip and i waxed it with uv protection and hoping it doesnt yellow later on

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti
This is exactly why it's always funny to me when people say "the MKV is a failure" and " nobody is buying that trash". The MKIV was the real failure by that metric then. It was good car, but it had nothing special about it and nobody cared for it until it was discontinued, just like every enthusiasts product.
shut your nose

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti

The front end of the MKV Supra is fine, it's actually grown on me to a point where I can say that I like it.

The rest of the car, however, as you can also see in this picture, looks like they took a serious design and then compressed it where now it doesn't look far off from a cartoon version of the real thing.

The rear end of the MKV Supra is the ugliest to look at. It reminds me of the goomba from Super Mario Bros. Overall the design looks cheap compared to the previous long, sleek, understated yet volumptious design.

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti
The new Supra is also roughly half the price of the MKIV Supra for its era, which could attest to the higher sales figures. The MKIV Supra if priced today would be closer to the cost of the GTR.

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti
I'm not trying to hate, but as a serious MKIV Supra fan, the new Supra just doesn't stack up. And they are well aware of it too. As the consumers that we are, however, we have no choice but to take the spoon that feeds the mouth.

OP
OP
Loco38SUP

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
The new Supra is also roughly half the price of the MKIV Supra for its era, which could attest to the higher sales figures. The MKIV Supra if priced today would be closer to the cost of the GTR.
I'm not trying to hate, but as a serious MKIV Supra fan, the new Supra just doesn't stack up. And they are well aware of it too. As the consumers that we are, however, we have no choice but to take the spoon that feeds the mouth.
Everyone: this is why there is so much bad information these days.

@jaymes I donā€™t know who is feeding you this stuff but its grossly wrong.

The Turbo MKIV I went to go see at the dealership back in 1993 had an MSRP of $40K. In todays dollars that equals $82K. Where in the world do you see $41K MSRP inline 6 MKV Supraā€™s for sale? Its closer to 70% of the MKIV.

The GR Supra has good sales because its a hell of a sports car for the price. The MKIV purists cry because no 3JZ and Toyota drivetrain. Guess what they would cry again at a $100K price tag. And that for many would be unobtainable just like in 1993.

And if you think the GR Supra just doesnā€™t stack up. Just go ask the guys running 1100whp B58 stock chasis 8 second 1/4 miles.

Please do us a favor and stop spreading misinformation.

-RJM

Last edited: