Lotus emira price is out. vs Z !

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
New pricing out. 74.9 for i4 amg. 93.9 roughly for v6 Toyota ice. Thoughts ?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
It's a great deal for what you get. It looks incredible and like no other sports car or even super car out there. Basically it looks like a baby version of their hypercar, the Lotus Evija, if you've seen it. The performance should be right on par or even better than its main competitor the Cayman GT4. If you asked me I'd take this over just about every other car in it's price range.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
V6 First Edition is $93,900, I-4 base is $74,900.

My thoughts...I want one, badly. But I'll have to settle that my best friend is already a priority customer and I don't do twinsies. I intend to drive his as often as he'll let me, at least until the Z is parked in my garage..

Lotus of Naples is doing an unveiling in November, I'll be there.

Jdawg_89

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
Price is a bit higher than I expected. Still a great value for an awesome looking car, though it won't make me step out of line for the z06

Evenflow80

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z, Honda Civic SI
Looks amazing, and I applaud them for making a manual version ( I hope the manual never goes away on sport cars) but I still like the simple silhouette of the Z.

Ask me when I was 17 and I would have thought the Emira looks so bad ass, but like a lot of things in life you're tastes drastically change as you grow older. Now I like smooth, clean and simple designs in cars. No vents or bumps or lumps or huge spoilers or overly aggressive headlights

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
price for Z compared to Emira is double for similar Hp with a 6 speed . Z service will not be a issue while Emira service will be . ME cars do handle better then FE but I'm buying a Z lowering it an inch and going drive it and dig listening to my tunes . Both cars will be lookers in their own way

DarkPhysicx

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Mazda 3 Sport HB
Occupation
RN
I'm doing everything I can to justify a $75k+ car with 4 cylinders, it's tough especially with the competition in that price range. The Z at half the price has more HP than the base Lotus. I know there's much more to a car than HP but damn. Maybe a used one 2 years post release when it's like hopefully 55k then yes.

400Z

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Corvette, Porsche, Mercedes
I've really been torn between these two cars. I have had Nissan's for many years. The Lotus dealers have really got their act together compared to Nissan dealers which seem clueless and lacking any interest in creating a pre-order list on the new Z. Hence, I'm on the 'priority customer' list for the Emira but on no list for the Z. Yet, the Z will be here in the States many more months before the Emira hits the US shores (I'm told it will be at least 6 months after Emira production starts before they start building cars for US customers).

Ultimately, I'm waiting on some more expert car reviews before finalizing my pick between these two great cars.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I've really been torn between these two cars. I have had Nissan's for many years. The Lotus dealers have really got their act together compared to Nissan dealers which seem clueless and lacking any interest in creating a pre-order list on the new Z. Hence, I'm on the 'priority customer' list for the Emira but on no list for the Z. Yet, the Z will be here in the States many more months before the Emira hits the US shores (I'm told it will be at least 6 months after Emira production starts before they start building cars for US customers).

Ultimately, I'm waiting on some more expert car reviews before finalizing my pick between these two great cars.
What yr maxima.?And when do you feel z hits. Apr or may ?

400Z

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Corvette, Porsche, Mercedes
What yr maxima.?And when do you feel z hits. Apr or may ?
My Maxima is 2011. I've owned it since new - a great daily driver. In the US, I am guessing we will see the Z in April whereas the Emira will be around November.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
My Maxima is 2011. I've owned it since new - a great daily driver. In the US, I am guessing we will see the Z in April whereas the Emira will be around November.
I have a 16. Very reliable and it was first yr of new max. Hopes the z is same