MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
1,574.5 kilos or 3,471 lbs with a full tank of gas

Foh4osGaMAEGYTQ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Foh4osEakAANrNb?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
Looks similar to a NA spec Performance Z, though based on that rear badge I’m guessing this is a JDM spec car?

That weight is significantly lower than the official Z Perf weights, but if this is actually a JDM car, it could be the intermediate “S” trim which would be like the NA Performance trim, but excluding the touring equipment

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Looks similar to a NA spec Performance Z, though based on that rear badge I’m guessing this is a JDM spec car?

That weight is significantly lower than the official Z Perf weights, but if this is actually a JDM car, it could be the intermediate “S” trim which would be like the NA Performance trim, but excluding the touring equipment
Yes sir

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
50 page thread on weight reduction here, much of which is applicable.

http://www.the370z.com/exterior-interior/1010-370z-weight-reduction-thread.html

Key swaps to consider:

2-piece rotors (-30 lbs)
Flywheel, pressure plate and friction disc (-25.5 lbs)
Lithium Battery (-29 lbs)
Exhaust: most of the stainless systems are lighter compared to factory (about 54 lbs), aftermarket SS downpipes are lighter as well, OEM cat-back weight can be cut in half (or more) using titanium.

Wheel/tires: OEM Rays wheels with Bridgestones weigh 52.4 lbs per front wheel and 54.8 lbs per rear wheel and tire. I haven't taken the time to compare tire weights in-depth yet, but the stock size rears all seem to be hovering between 26 to 28 lbs for the more popular brands.

This thread on wheel weight comparisons is 7 years old, but many of the models measured are still very popular

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265756