First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Don't get me started with car chasers... and then car chasers or vloggers/youtubers during an event like Monterey Car Week. I attended MCW this year for the first time for work (photographer)... yes I saw all these amazing cars during events... and then on the roads but they're just idiots who show off their cars and teenagers chasing them! When I returned back to Australia I searched MCW on YouTube and boy was I disappointed in what coverage the events or week had.

I know I'm talking about other YouTubers but I know Australia have one or three well know YTbrs in the mod scene and I only really know my friend Larry Chen who covers Car Culture in the US and around the world. He's gotten a good following. There are a few car culture guys on YT in Japan too that cover drifting and lifestyle but they're expats (One Australian who I cannot stand).

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
It seems like there are way more social media types who are "into" cars than guys who actually get their hands dirty working on them.

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Don't get me started with car chasers... and then car chasers or vloggers/youtubers during an event like Monterey Car Week. I attended MCW this year for the first time for work (photographer)... yes I saw all these amazing cars during events... and then on the roads but they're just idiots who show off their cars and teenagers chasing them! When I returned back to Australia I searched MCW on YouTube and boy was I disappointed in what coverage the events or week had.

I know I'm talking about other YouTubers but I know Australia have one or three well know YTbrs in the mod scene and I only really know my friend Larry Chen who covers Car Culture in the US and around the world. He's gotten a good following. There are a few car culture guys on YT in Japan too that cover drifting and lifestyle but they're expats (One Australian who I cannot stand).
Yeah I follow Larry Chen and think he’s a god guy and is good for the culture.

But some of these clowns who are getting paid all this money to build these cars, beat the piss out of them jokingly with no respect to the cars and laugh at it all annoy me to no end. One in particular is an Aussie at Keep it Reet (you may know his name being from Australia)…the main dude who was in the videos of the new Z build….laughed at everything while disrespecting that car was shameful to look at. But then the dude over at Motive is a good dude. Unfortunately there are both good and bad but wish there was more good than bad. No disrespect to Aussies btw….just happened to mention that one person randomly