West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
You don't just order online through Amazon like everyone else?
I’m a mum…gotta fit my grocery shopping in, because it’s my DD…don’t worry I still LOVE to drive. But it’s got to have a bit of practicality

Last edited:

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS, 1962 Triumph TR3A
Occupation
High School Teacher
Seriously whats up with Toyota and Nissan getting these executives with such heavy accent to do this major press conference...
I was referring primarily to the guy in the beginning who looked like he was going out to disco afterwards.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I was referring primarily to the guy in the beginning who looked like he was going out to disco afterwards.
Wasn't that Paul Walker's brother? Pretty tasteless using a sibling of an actor who got killed in a sports car crash to promote a sports car.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Wasn't that Paul Walker's brother? Pretty tasteless using a sibling of an actor who got killed in a sports car crash to promote a sports car.
How is it tasteless? Cody is literally a car enthusiast. And he's not just the sibling of an actor, he's also an actor in his own right.

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Maybe, but I was talking about the Indian Z owner/enthusiast in the white suit and red dress shirt who sounded borderline incoherent and possibly drunk. It would be like bringing out Joe Dirt to talk about a new Camaro.

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
I thought having Cody Walker as a guest speaker was pretty cool. He comes from a car enthusiast family. I'm sure if Paul was still here, he would've been the guest speaker.

Nissan also had Eddie George and Tim Tebow (both former Heisman Trophy winners + former NFL players) participate in the debut of the new Nissan Frontier and Pathfinder earlier this year. I guess a new approach they've taken given their reveals have all been live streamed due to the pandemic. I didn't find it tasteless at all. It was great to see a car enthusiast excited about what was about to be revealed.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
How is it tasteless? Cody is literally a car enthusiast. And he's not just the sibling of an actor, he's also an actor in his own right.
Seems macabre to me. YMMV.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Seems macabre to me. YMMV.
Because his brother died in a car accident? I have several family members that have died in car accidents, and I'm still a car enthusiast. Nothing at all macabre about it.

Maybe it's because you don't actually know who Cody is. This is the guy you're saying shouldn't be hosting?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Re the Indian dude…you guys need to chill ax, I could understand him easily…sure he wasn’t super smooth but I think he did a decent job. Would have been nervous as hell

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Maybe, but I was talking about the Indian Z owner/enthusiast in the white suit and red dress shirt who sounded borderline incoherent and possibly drunk. It would be like bringing out Joe Dirt to talk about a new Camaro.
Lol nice... as an Indian, I would agree that his accent was thick, but wouldn't go that far and say he sounded incoherent/drunk. I'd say more so the COO's accent (Also indian) was worse. he called WiFI, 'Weefee" LOL. Reminds me of my dad back in the day

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Lol nice... as an Indian, I would agree that his accent was thick, but wouldn't go that far and say he sounded incoherent/drunk. I'd say more so the COO's accent (Also indian) was worse. he called WiFI, 'Weefee" LOL. Reminds me of my dad back in the day
Just to be clear, my take didn't have anything to do with him being Indian, or his accent. His outfit looked disheveled and he really could have benefitted from a script. Agreed that the COO's accent was much thicker, although I found him to be much more put together, minus his Timberlands, which were bizarre looking.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Just to be clear, my take didn't have anything to do with him being Indian, or his accent. His outfit looked disheveled and he really could have benefitted from a script. Agreed that the COO's accent was much thicker, although I found him to be much more put together, minus his Timberlands, which were bizarre looking.
Something clearly needs to be done with Nissans PR team. Kevan did look like he came out of a 70s or 80s show with the white suit LOL. And yea the Tims were def weird.