Sponsored

I disabled ANC/ASE but aftermarket sub is still rumbling?

steelastic

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
New York
Car(s)
Nissan Z
I paid the dealer to turn off ANC/ASE then had an audio shop install my powered Cerwin Vega VPSTX12 powered sub (which I intended on doing myself with the harness from OWC, but after waiting almost 5 months with some bs about them going through a hard time never received). The installed sub was only rumbling, not responding to music, so I assumed the dealer didn't properly turn off ANC/ASE, so then I did the VXDIAG method and successfully turned off ANC/ASE myself, but now the sub is still just rumbling and not playing music as if the ANC/ASE is still on. I'm literally losing my mind at this point. Help!!
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
1,912
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
I paid the dealer to turn off ANC/ASE then had an audio shop install my powered Cerwin Vega VPSTX12 powered sub (which I intended on doing myself with the harness from OWC, but after waiting almost 5 months with some bs about them going through a hard time never received). The installed sub was only rumbling, not responding to music, so I assumed the dealer didn't properly turn off ANC/ASE, so then I did the VXDIAG method and successfully turned off ANC/ASE myself, but now the sub is still just rumbling and not playing music as if the ANC/ASE is still on. I'm literally losing my mind at this point. Help!!
Sounds like it's wired incorrectly... Did the shop you paid to install not test their work?
 
OP
OP
steelastic

steelastic

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
New York
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Sounds like it's wired incorrectly... Did the shop you paid to install not test their work?
I'm not sure. My next step is going back to the shop to see what they have to say. They're supposed to be a reputable car audio shop though, it's all they do.
 

2Cool

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ian
Joined
Dec 3, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
81
Reaction score
174
Location
Florida
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance
I only got my powered sub to work by pulling the low signal before the Bose amp. Tapping the connector for the passive OEM sub either got silence or just a rythmic thud sound. I used some RCA connectors with wire pigtails to run the signal to the new sub. Finally works. See the red arrows below for the sub low signal, borrowed this image from the manual ANC disconnect thread.

Amp connector 1.webp
 
OP
OP
steelastic

steelastic

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
New York
Car(s)
Nissan Z
I only got my powered sub to work by pulling the low signal before the Bose amp. Tapping the connector for the passive OEM sub either got silence or just a rythmic thud sound. I used some RCA connectors with wire pigtails to run the signal to the new sub. Finally works. See the red arrows below for the sub low signal, borrowed this image from the manual ANC disconnect thread.

Amp connector 1.webp
thanks I'm going to give this pic to the shop. I have an appointment back there on weds. The guy thinks that he'll have to disconnect the ANC mics, so hopefully this will avoid that.
 

2Cool

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ian
Joined
Dec 3, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
81
Reaction score
174
Location
Florida
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance
OP
OP
steelastic

steelastic

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
New York
Car(s)
Nissan Z

2Cool

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ian
Joined
Dec 3, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
81
Reaction score
174
Location
Florida
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance
I used the Autel scanner someone had linked elsewhere on the board and turned both off myself. I had previously disconnected the mic wires for ANC.
 
OP
OP
steelastic

steelastic

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
New York
Car(s)
Nissan Z
I used the Autel scanner someone had linked elsewhere on the board and turned both off myself. I had previously disconnected the mic wires for ANC.
ok awesome that's exactly what I was wondering. I was under the impression that when I turned off the ANC/ASE it would instantly fix it and when it didn't I was pretty lost. Thanks for the response!
 
 






Top