Honda Civic Type-R Discussion - 5th & 6th gen (2017+)

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
Why in the heck would you have camouflage on a car that you are trying to show off?
makes 0 sense
Yes, it's annoying. I think they should just show it already. But they are generating buzz and anticipation. The camo hides the best part about the car, which imo is the wide rear fenders and meaty tires underneath. the best picture of this is at the gas station. I'm looking forward to seeing the type r in person without camo someday.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Not much of an improvement for a new generation. Probably no more power.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
2023 Civic Type R : 2.23.12
Previous gen Type R is about 10sec slower

Screenshot 2022-04-07 074255.png

Screenshot 2022-04-07 074336.png

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
2023 Civic Type R : 2.23.12
Previous gen Type R is about 10sec slower

Screenshot 2022-04-07 074255.png

Screenshot 2022-04-07 074336.png
FD2 is based on the 8th gen Civic. I believe the new CTR is around a second faster than the FK8.

Still... awesome to see how far they've come over previous models.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
So when is Honda going to unveil this? You know without all the damn camo for what it seems like eons?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
So when is Honda going to unveil this? You know without all the damn camo for what it seems like eons?
Whut..... you think they should reveal it like Nissan does?

Maybe they can show it in yellow for a year and talk in abstracts about the passion of it's designers?

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Whut..... you think they should reveal it like Nissan does?

Maybe they can show it in yellow for a year and talk in abstracts about the passion of it's designers?
Yeah Nissan and Honda in a never ending struggle for the right to drop last. Lol

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yeah Nissan and Honda in a never ending struggle for the right to drop last. Lol
I dunno man.
I feel like Honda is going about it correctly. Sure, you know a CTR is forthcoming, you've seen test mules..... But Honda isn't teasing. You watch, when they officially reveal it, it'll be on sale in less than 3 months. It's how they handled the Gen 11 Civic, TSX Type S, probably the Integra.

I believe we were shown the Z last August? Honda doesn't jerk the new releases around like Nissan does. Not to mention all of the Airya pre-orders who are in for a world of disappointment.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I dunno man.
I feel like Honda is going about it correctly. Sure, you know a CTR is forthcoming, you've seen test mules..... But Honda isn't teasing. You watch, when they officially reveal it, it'll be on sale in less than 3 months. It's how they handled the Gen 11 Civic, TSX Type S, probably the Integra.

I believe we were shown the Z last August? Honda doesn't jerk the new releases around like Nissan does. Not to mention all of the Airya pre-orders who are in for a world of disappointment.
Yes very true. I'm just being impatient. I'm hearing sometime in the Summer...specifically a June unveil.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
Honda can’t even make the Civic and they’re driving this type R on the streets for the last 2 years. I wonder if any of the car manufacturers have learned anything over the past 2 years.
Its all getting very old .