Hands Up all the Aussies

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Z Day finally arrived, 2 hour train ride to dealer to pick up the long awaited Z
Love the way it drives, the gears shifts are smooth as and the power is awesome
Congrat's Peter, awesome you got your car. Blue looks great but maybe I'm biased lol. These cars are still super rare and look like nothing else out there.

If you & anyone else here are in NSW, join the NSW Z Club. Great crew, super friendly, and there's ZedFest on in October.

See you on the roads!

IMG-3141 (1).jpg

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter
I ordered white, so just waiting to hear from the dealer if the early transfer over to Nismo secured one. I shall be emailing Nissan Corporate if I don't get an allocation after a 16 month wait for my Coupe and never receiving it, then getting in first before general public allocations to find out someone online on Thursday gets one and I don't 😂😂.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.png
F2vWDllbMAAnuZX.jpg
20230805_103814_3.jpg

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Sitting at Bartons Wynnum.
This really shits me
20230811_081904.jpg
20230811_082039.jpg

Last edited:

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
After going and talking to the dealer more fucking crazy news.
* Black one is an order where the customer couldn't get finance
* Grey one is a replacement for the white demo I was banging around in, that they sold (still maybe Jezzas cancelled car)

I go to walk out in disgust and the Manager grabs me. He says he was gonna call me. I roll my eyes.
He says he noticed during the Nismo Z launch that Passion Red has been removed from Nissan Au website (replaced with Orange) and is trying to find out if orders will be honoured.

His guess with Nissan's current form is no. So would I like to take Black or Grey or wait for Orange?

Fuck fuck fuck

edit:
I immediately jump on car sales and find one red manual demo for sale. And its in QLD!
I call, they took a deposit an hour ago for it.

Edit 2: deposit was someone else's. I didn't get the car

Last edited:

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
saw some Australian media that said the initial NISMO Z allocations sold out in under 1 hour
They sure did, however a small allocation and people with existing orders were allowed to get first dibs, so maybe a lot less then 100 available in that window. The rollout here has been a bit all over the place, and in my opinion a combination of not built to order dropping (hence certain colour / gearbox combinations became available early) and dealership staff not really being across it all, understandable for small volume cars. I am fortunate to have had real car enthusiasts in dealerships looking after me, so they have always been as excited about the car turning up as I am.. Makes a difference. Like most things these days, if possible, it makes sense to shop around for good service. :)

Bert

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI performance
After going and talking to the dealer more fucking crazy news.
* Black one is an order where the customer couldn't get finance
* Grey one is a replacement for the white demo I was banging around in, that they sold (still maybe Jezzas cancelled car)

I go to walk out in disgust and the Manager grabs me. He says he was gonna call me. I roll my eyes.
He says he noticed during the Nismo Z launch that Passion Red has been removed from Nissan Au website (replaced with Orange) and is trying to find put if orders will be honoured.

His guess with Nissan's current form is no. So would I like to take Black or Grey or wait for Orange?

Fuck fuck fuck

edit:
I immediately jump on car sales and find one red manual demo for sale. And its in QLD!
I call, they took a deposit an hour ago for it.
Congratulations, glad to hear someone secured a red one!
I’m in limbo now after 18 months of patiently waiting for a passion red. I got a generic email from Nissan with the’24 Z order form. No passion red anymore? Wtf? Spoke to my dealer 2 days prior and he never mentioned it.
Now I find out that people who have ordered the Nismo may be getting their cars before me???
Not sure where to go from here.
There seems to be a complete lack of care or interest in the customer at Nissan. Very poor form

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
If you wanted a Batmobile, should have bought my old Peugeot RCZ type R…now that looked like the Batmobile (only nicer) and only 500 world wide…my single biggest regret was selling it
If I knew then what I know now, I never would have. The kicker being even though it would have been 7 years old now …it STILL had more tech than the Z 🤣🤭

It’s a beautiful car, no denying that …stunning. But at this point I think Nissan is starting to take the p*ss for what you get v the cost
My opinion for what it’s worth, which let’s face it…isn’t much 🤣
Totally agree, always loved the roof line on that car, very Bat mobile like...

Also agree that the price reflects desirability and performance, rather then value. Thing is, there are very few 2 seater, rear wheel drive, good looking cars with the type of performance you get. I mean you could sink four times as much on a Ferrari Roma, and apart from the obvious not have a significantly better car. Hopefully less depreciation with the Z as well. :)

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Great so now I get to see my cancelled order driving around. Also sorry to hear that they're still dicking you around.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
There are production delays with the red. US dealers as of July (havent checked for August) cannot place orders for red .

Japan delivery of red is delayed by up to 6 months I've red

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
What colours weren't delayed 🤣🤣

The monotone colors are getting priority. But something specifically about the red is an issue at the factory not sure the details