Hands Up all the Aussies

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Guys, it's been a long journey but I've decided to buy something else. I couldn't simply wait an indefinite amount of time...bearing in mind, I put in my order Aug-21.

I've still got my allocation still as I'm still deciding what to do with it. But hey, if anyone wants a red manual coupe (based in NSW) let me know lol.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Guys, it's been a long journey but I've decided to buy something else. I couldn't simply wait an indefinite amount of time...bearing in mind, I put in my order Aug-21.

I've still got my allocation still as I'm still deciding what to do with it. But hey, if anyone wants a red manual coupe (based in NSW) let me know lol.
Completely understandableā€¦Iā€™m just so frustrated ATM.
I canā€™t believe Nissan Aus still push us back onto the dealers instead of doing what a head office is designed to do and manage their pre ordered in an orderly and open fashion

Biggest disappointment

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
I canā€™t believe Nissan Aus still push us back onto the dealers instead of doing what a head office is designed to do and manage their pre ordered in an orderly and open fashion
Agree.

My daughter has wanted a Suzuki Jimny for a while, apparently it's a Jimny thing :D, and so finally went into a dealer on the weekend.

Whilst a hotly demanded vehicle, originally with up to 24 months wait, they've been dropped in other RHD markets this year due to emissions etc.

They were able to tell her when her choice of colour and options is going to arrive with some certainty. Suzuki sends out build allocation slots on a monthly basis to dealers, which was normal practice for most. Lands in July, so only a 6 month wait.

Admittedly they are pretty low tech vehicles so probably fewer resourcing issues. :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Agree.

My daughter has wanted a Suzuki Jimny for a while, apparently it's a Jimny thing :D, and so finally went into a dealer on the weekend.

Whilst a hotly demanded vehicle, originally with up to 24 months wait, they've been dropped in other RHD markets this year due to emissions etc.

They were able to tell her when her choice of colour and options is going to arrive with some certainty. Suzuki sends out build allocation slots on a monthly basis to dealers, which was normal practice for most. Lands in July, so only a 6 month wait.

Admittedly they are pretty low tech vehicles so probably fewer resourcing issues. :)
But againā€¦itā€™s nit so much about the wait and resources, but the difference in communication

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
My JDM revhead daughter has decided she wants to learn manual (she's already on open automatic)
We've just gone for a strap in the 370 and ended up at the port of Brisbane.
We came around this side to see if we could see any JDM grey imports and she gasps " A Z! I'm not even joking"

A quick u turn later and....

20230108_172239.jpg

20230108_172247.jpg

Likely more demos but at least a few more cars
The ship that dropped these off is due into Port Kembla on the 10th, local Wollongong dealer is expecting a grey demo, their other lot at Albion Park has a blue manual demo for anyone in the area.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
The ship that dropped these off is due into Port Kembla on the 10th, local Wollongong dealer is expecting a grey demo, their other lot at Albion Park has a blue manual demo for anyone in the area.
They're certainly arriving. I'm very surprised that no Coupe customer's here have had the call yet..

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
They're certainly arriving. I'm very surprised that no Coupe customer's have had the call yet..
Saw a YouTube clip yesterday that showed a Canadian dealer getting delivery of a Proto, it was delivered to them on the 24th Dec. Nissan did not call to tell them it was comming, the delivery driver did.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Saw a YouTube clip yesterday that showed a Canadian dealer getting delivery of a Proto, it was delivered to them on the 24th Dec. Nissan did not call to tell them it was comming, the delivery driver did.
Happened with my dealership. They had an Everest white performance dropped off on the 24th, completely out of surprise. Was their allocated demo car. The pre orders they were put into the system (mine included) at the tail end of January 2022 are still big question marks haha

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Sooooo, just came here to say. Called my dealer for any updates as Iā€™m seriously jumping ship.

Guess whatā€¦she left
So anyone on the forum dealing with Mia from Osborne Parkā€¦give them a call because she has gone.
So I am now on my 4th yes 4th salesman

He tells me he canā€™t promise but the car is in the system as a March delivery
Againā€¦he said I canā€™t promise, itā€™s just what is presently In the system so donā€™t take my word for it.

I guess if thatā€™s the case the ship due in on the 23rd of Jan could well be carrying some Zs.
God evrytime I think Iā€™m out and ready to buy something elseā€¦they reel me back in šŸ˜–

Last edited:

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Sooooo, just came here to say. Called my dealer for any updates as Iā€™m seriously jumping ship.

Guess whatā€¦she left
So anyone on the forum dealing with Mia from Osborne Parkā€¦give them a call because she has gone.

Againā€¦he said I canā€™t promise, itā€™s just what is presently I. The system so donā€™t take my word for it.

Iā€™m guess if thatā€™s the case the ship due in on the 23rd of Jan could well be carrying some Zs.
God evrytime I think Iā€™m out and ready to buy something elseā€¦they reel me back in šŸ˜–
I completely understand, last Friday got hold of the local dealer and had a go at him for not returning 4 calls at the end of last year, I told him that not keeping a line of communication with your customers was worse than Nissan giving no updates.
Hang in there, I feel cars are going to start rolling in soon and by March at least some of the early orders will be filled

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I completely understand, last Friday got hold of the local dealer and had a go at him for not returning 4 calls at the end of last year, I told him that not keeping a line of communication with your customers was worse than Nissan giving no updates.
Hang in there, I feel cars are going to start rolling in soon and by March at least some of the early orders will be filled
Hope your rightā€¦he did say Iā€™m still at the top with one other at their dealershipā€¦not just for Zs but for all car builds they have AND they still have around 13 orders within two months after mine was place ā€¦.so good luck to anyone ordering late last year thinking they will hav3 theirs in 6 months is all I can say

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5

Guess whatā€¦she left

Againā€¦he said I canā€™t promise, itā€™s just what is presently In the system so donā€™t take my word for it.

I guess if thatā€™s the case the ship due in on the 23rd of Jan could well be carrying some Zs.
Mia was looking after my order also! I wouldnā€™t even know who to call there. Only had her mobile number after she phoned me from my online enquiry.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Mia was looking after my order also! I wouldnā€™t even know who to call there. Only had her mobile number after she phoned me from my online enquiry.
I remembered someone in the forum saying they were dealing with herā€¦thus my post.
I spoke to a guy named Barry ā€¦seems pretty nice. The dealerships manager however is away for a week I believe, thatā€™s why info was limited.
He went to great lengths to tell me the orders stay in order no matter how many dealers leave ( as I saidā€¦Iā€™m up to dealer 4 as they obviously gave up waiting for their delivery fees)
So Iā€™d say give the dealership a call and ask for him, or someone in new cars.

They really should have kept her clients informed

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
That's a real shame, a respectable dealer (and dealership) would typically adviser their customers of a new point of contact.