OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Not a fan of piano black full stop…finger prints 🤮
As to @jezzza comment. Highly likely the 9 month ban on selling demos will be up before people get their coupes. But by then with so few around they will be true second hand cars and I can’t see them reducing the price…if anything because of demand we could see them above RRP

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
This was on facebook, speaking of manual transmissions..
Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 11.15.03 am.png

We all new this existed but reading through it personally is quite unsettling.

What I find even more unsettling is that (most) Australian dealerships still claim to know nothing about it! Surely gearboxes built for our market were no different.

With the demo I've just driven having a build date of July and compliance completed 5 months later, guess it's safe to assume the box was replaced prior delivery.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
We all new this existed but reading through it personally is quite unsettling.

What I find even more unsettling is that (most) Australian dealerships still claim to know nothing about it! Surely gearboxes built for our market were no different.

With the demo I've just driven having a build date of July and compliance completed 5 months later, guess it's safe to assume the box was replaced prior delivery.
agree…and by refusing to admit there was ever an issue makes me worry if they would admit to future problems

This could of all been easily resolved by Nissan Aus contacting clientele with a short email outlining that unfortunately in the rush to get the cars in our hands a fault was not detected in the manual transmission before shipping.
And that rather than sending sub par products that had the potential to cause serious issues for new car owners, they have decided to delay delivery by six months whilst they rectify and rebuild said transmission problems

Then instead of creating a atmosphere of distrust, they would have created trust from their buyers and even though it would be disappointing, at least we would have known there was a legitimate and acceptable reason for the delay and the outcome would be that we would have a better car with a much lower chance of having issues.

Honestly what is wrong with their marketing and customer liaison departments…blind Freddy can see which approach is better for trust in the brand and sales long term.
It’s absolutely not rocket science

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Then instead of creating a atmosphere of distrust, they would have created trust from their buyers and even though it would be disappointing, at least we would have known there was a legitimate and acceptable reason for the delay and the outcome would be that we would have a better car with a much lower chance of having issues.
I mean fair is fair, they seem to be fixing it without a fuss. I just don't think they have enough predictability in their production line to state the impact on delivery.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I mean fair is fair, they seem to be fixing it without a fuss. I just don't think they have enough predictability in their production line to state the impact on delivery.
disagree, they put a timeline on delivery which they failed to meet…and not by some small margin.
Other dealerships such as Subaru and Hyundai are keeping their customers up to date with every step of their new car orders….there is no reason Nissan could not do the same other than a bad business structure.
A time line isn’t the biggest issue, the lack of transparent communication is

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
disagree, they put a timeline on delivery which they failed to meet…and not by some small margin.
Other dealerships such as Subaru and Hyundai are keeping their customers up to date with every step of their new car orders….there is no reason Nissan could not do the same other than a bad business structure.
A time line isn’t the biggest issue, the lack of transparent communication is
Yeah Nissans production is shite, but I mean they've done the right thing in addressing the gearbox issue. It actually makes me think they care about the quality of the vehicle they deliver, unlike say Subaru with the RTV sealant issue on the BRZ/GR86.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah Nissans production is shite, but I mean they've done the right thing in addressing the gearbox issue. It actually makes me think they care about the quality of the vehicle they deliver, unlike say Subaru with the RTV sealant issue on the BRZ/GR86.
Agreed it was the right move to fix it…but that my point.
Why hide it.
They have our contact details, reach out own both the problem and the solution …you’ll earn a lot more respect

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Had a short layover in Perth so called into visit my "dealership" Midland Nissan only to learn they have migrated from quite a large yard spread out over two blocks to now working out of Carco's carpark with a few shipping containers converted to office spaces and all of about 15 vehicles - including the auto proto they purchased from the east for 150k. Shit is a sad state of affairs at the minute.

No news for me, so I guess my car will be here in the next few weeks thus meeting schedule 😅

They've got a grand total of 3 Zs ordered, an Everest White Performance as a demo, a private buyers yellow Performance and my own Proto.

As to when they arrive, fuck knows.

Tbh, im thinking the real question is will Midland City Nissan exist by the time the Z does arrive..

On the plus side, since I was already in the carpark(😆) I walked over for a gander in Carco's massive shed and seen a couple nice rigs in there.

- 675LT McLaren $520k
- Ferrari 488 Spider $515k
& a bright orange MY22 Corvette Stingray for a paltry $310k

I'm sure there were a few more noteworthy rigs, but I had to show myself back out to the carpark before I did anything stupid 😅

..Seeing the proto sitting there cooking under the sun in the damn carpark of another dealership certainly made me think my own dilemma of a lengthy wait is no big deal, but.. this is a transaction first and foremost so get your shit together Nissan!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
On the plus side, since I was already in the carpark(😆) I walked over for a gander in Carco's massive shed and seen a couple nice rigs in there.

- 675LT McLaren $520k
- Ferrari 488 Spider $515k
& a bright orange MY22 Corvette Stingray for a paltry $310k
Come on…at those prices you could have taken all three home 🤣

Only three orders hey….I’m willing to be they had many more before this joke of a roll out started, and your dealership is not the only one.
Nissan Osborne Park moved out of their digs around six months now…operating out of a much smaller, older crappier yard. Supposed to be relocating again into a new premise, but the location where they are supposed to be rebuilding has had 0 movement

Interesting times

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Come on…at those prices you could have taken all three home 🤣

Only three orders hey….I’m willing to be they had many more before this joke of a roll out started, and your dealership is not the only one.
Nissan Osborne Park moved out of their digs around six months now…operating out of a much smaller, older crappier yard. Supposed to be relocating again into a new premise, but the location where they are supposed to be rebuilding has had 0 movement

Interesting times
Hmm operating out of a smaller crappier yard with a new premises being built.. yep, sounds about right.

Not only is Midland Nissan working out of a carpark with a few dongas, but they are supposedly moving into Carco's shed at the end of the year.

Few similarities between the dealerships, that's for sure. The delays in getting these Halo cars out into the market is certainly playing a role in strangling nissan dealerships, I reckon.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
My JDM revhead daughter has decided she wants to learn manual (she's already on open automatic)
We've just gone for a strap in the 370 and ended up at the port of Brisbane.
We came around this side to see if we could see any JDM grey imports and she gasps " A Z! I'm not even joking"

A quick u turn later and....

20230108_172239.jpg

20230108_172247.jpg

Likely more demos but at least a few more cars

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
T
My JDM revhead daughter has decided she wants to learn manual (she's already on open automatic)
We've just gone for a strap in the 370 and ended up at the port if Brisbane.
We came around this side to see if we could see any JDM grey imports and she gasps " A Z! I'm not even joking"

A quick u turn later and....

20230108_172239.jpg

20230108_172247.jpg

Likely more demos but at least a few more cars
This is positive…let’s hope it’s a start to the trickle, and it is a trickle ( I see around 5 here)….here in WA no news as yet

EDIT we have the Freedom Ace due in on the 10th and the Prime Ace due on the 23rd of Jan.
I’d be pretty disappointed if there are no Zs on at least the later ship

Last edited:

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Broke as fuck and here he is getting his old boy to stump up some coin for a second fucking sports car?!

Pro tip to the dude; go get a fucking job, pay your own way and stop mooching off the parentals for unnecessary purchases.