OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Th
Saw a tempting option in NSW in person…seriously considering buying it, however I’m concerned about transporting a unregistered car into a different state. How hard is it to get over the pits? How do I drive it unregistered to get it to the pits?

Just found this

Quotes to move car from from Sydney to Perth this week

ServiceVehiclePriceType
Depot to DepotKIA$1,626Fastest
Depot to DoorHONDA$1,476With Goods
Door to DepotFORD$1,721Fastest
Door to DoorTOYOTA$1,535With Goods

I picked up a new Qashqai in 2018 from Melbourne and drove it back to Wollongong, then just got it registered here, just depends if your up for a road trip.
What kind of car has caught your eye, if you dont mind me asking
Thanks @peter for the info

A Mercedes SLC 200…not in the same league In terms of power…but you know what.
It’s tech is actually better than the Zs even though it’s three years old.
It’s a convertible roadster which I’ve always been partial too, but a little larger than a Miata which I find just a tad too small for an everyday drive.
It’s in as new condition and it actually sounds nicer than the the Z

Will I miss the power…a little I’m sure, but I was never gonna track it, so as long as it’s fun it’s ok.

Two things stopping me. 1…the transfer, never done it and makes me nervous.
2…it’s an auto, they don’t make them in manual, which was a big sticking point to me.
On the flip side, it looks pretty, has the room I need, sounds really nice, had every bit of tech the Z does and then a little more, has quite a few factory options installed to make it more tempting, is 15k cheaper on road than the Z and comes with a two year manufacturer warranty as it’s certified. Plus we found a service centre that charges very reasonable prices for servicing .
And the most tempting part, I could have it on its way today if I wanted to

If it was a manual…wouldn’t even be having this conversation, would have bought it on the spot

I’ve also had a look at a 2016 718 in yellow. It’s 99k no warranty and being 7 years old that makes me nervous
There is also a 370z cherry red 2021 with just over 3k on the clock for 60k …also tempting, but interior is very dated

So I’m short a few very tempting options that are so close I am finding it hard to resist…but equally I’ve stuck it out this long for the Z that jumping is really a hard choice.

I will kick myself if I don’t buy one and then the Z doesn’t come for another 6-12 months, similarly I will kick myself if I do go another way and the Z is just round the corner

This is why I’m so angry with Nissan Aus they are not being open or transparent which is not giving the buyer a solid base to make educated decisions with .

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Last official word from Nissan was that they hope to fill 1200 orders by mid 2023 🤷‍♂️
https://www.drive.com.au/news/nissan-z-waiting-list-tops-1200-cars-z-proto-numbers-still-secret/
Yeah…but since when has Nissan been straight with us.

If true 500 is nothing, two per dealer and many dealers do not have demos yet😖
Meanwhile people paying ten thousand premium for a model that will actually be more popular than the cheaper model …at least for a year if true, because the 500 will be all different colours….making the coupe 2023 more rare than a proto
Who’s to say with market forces they will even continue to make it after a year …this has been such a shit show it wouldn’t surprise me

Last edited:

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
I will kick myself if I don’t buy one and then the Z doesn’t come for another 6-12 months, similarly I will kick myself if I do go another way and the Z is just round the corner
The SLC is totally in another class, great car.
However, I am making an assumption from this comment that you would stick it out for up to 6 months for the Z?

If so I would wait. You should be able to swap into an SLC when you are too old to get into the Z anymore… . 😊

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I went out to take a look at the new demo at Bartons Capalaba about an hour ago.
Nice one! Guess I'll see if I can also give it a craic over the weekend.

The automatic didn't really get me excited.

Reactions: Mud
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The SLC is totally in another class, great car.
However, I am making an assumption from this comment that you would stick it out for up to 6 months for the Z?

If so I would wait. You should be able to swap into an SLC when you are too old to get into the Z anymore… . 😊
At this point I honestly don’t know. You could ask me one hour what I will buy and it would be the Mercedes’, the next time you ask me it would be the Z …I’m really torn

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Nice one! Guess I'll see if I can also give it a craic over the weekend.

The automatic didn't really get me excited.
They asked me for a $500 deposit. But were kind enough to wave it when I explained I had an order at their other dealership

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
They asked me for a $500 deposit. But were kind enough to wave it when I explained I had an order at their other dealership
Wait…are you saying they asked for a. 500 deposit before they would let you test drive it?
So what’s the point of a demo? They are supposed to be for people to test and decide if they want a car, not to force them into a contract before testing.

This is why demos should have gone to buyers not dealers, I know we all have differing opinions on this.
But again what the use of more orders when you have a year ( possibly three if the 500 rumours are correct) backlog
At this point we will be able to buy a demo before the cars actually arrive

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Wait…are you saying they asked for a. 500 deposit before they would let you test drive it?
So what’s the point of a demo? They are supposed to be for people to test and decide if they want a car, not to force them into a contract before testing.

This is why demos should have gone to buyers not dealers, I know we all have differing opinions on this.
But again what the use of more orders when you have a year ( possibly three if the 500 rumours are correct) backlog
At this point we will be able to buy a demo before the cars actually arrive
Deposit to drive, i asumed fully refunded upon return of the car in same condition it left.

I dont belive i mentioned signing a contract of any kind.

I thought a deposit would be fair enough considering all the wanna be Z owners that would just go in for a fang with no intention of buying.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
17B06DDC-CBF3-470C-ADCA-51E9D6267749.jpeg

It went very well and gearbox felt amazing. Was smart taking your daughter along @Mud as my drive was ‘supervised’.

It just occurred to me that these demo vehicles may be up for sale before our allocations arrive.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Two new things that stood out that I disliked. But are quirks ill juts have to get used to.

1. The top of the gear knob is piano black and feels weird underhand compared to all leather 370z knob

2022_05_10_nissan-z-20-tlm8.jpg

2. The piano blacks on the steering wheel extends out a lot further and your palms sit on it when hands are at 9 and 3 (best position to use steering wheel controls and paddles) feels weird. Where on the 370z the same position is all leather.

1133ffb02c7a6678e3d8bc619c741de4.jpg

images (3) (4).jpeg

Just some observations