Hands Up all the Aussies

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
“We’ve received your order and are working on getting a car to you. We value you as a customer and apologise for the delay. Thank you for your patience.”

Something like this would go a VERY long way. To this day Coupe customers are yet to receive any correspondence.

As many of us have been saying for months; the delays are understandable and primarily out of Nissan’s control, we get it. Where they’re falling unacceptably short is the deliberate absence of communication.
Yeah I understand. I suppose my experience has just been quite different- my dealer has been in touch pretty much every month, even if just to say "sorry mate, no news yet".

One of the reasons I feel a little protective of them- feel they've been pretty good to me.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Wow that's a big F on the fog light.
Maybe its more visible at night, on the road and in person.
The 370z fog is nice and bright. I love turning it on any time day or night when I'm being tailgated.
It's very directional. I'll try to get a better pic or vid, but it is bright if you are right behind it (I was offset a bit to get the pic, was up against a wall)

Reactions: Mud

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I just had a conversation with my dealer regarding my Proto order that was cancelled a week ago.

I honestly cannot believe the news that is coming... Stay tuned, things are going to get a lot lot bumpier.

Brace yourselves people...
I dunno, us lot are pretty cut up already, but do go on...

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Buying power I guess. I know Ford and Toyota aren't having anywhere near the sorts of issues, but they have much better position for negotiation. (That's an educated guess)
My point is…it’s not just one or two slowly getting cars out now….but the majority
Nissan have stuffed up. No other way to look at it

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I just had a conversation with my dealer regarding my Proto order that was cancelled a week ago.

I honestly cannot believe the news that is coming... Stay tuned, things are going to get a lot lot bumpier.

Brace yourselves people...
FFS…just spill the beans. No one knows who you are, we don’t know who the dealer is….but I for one would like to hear something

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
FFS…just spill the beans. No one knows who you are, we don’t know who the dealer is….but I for one would like to hear something
We'll probably never find out because Nissan will probably never tell us!

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
We'll probably never find out because Nissan will probably never tell us!

More correct than you can possible imagine.

I cant spill any beans as I may

a: loose my deposit &
b: be sued by a multinational car company

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
More correct than you can possible imagine.

I cant spill any beans as I may

a: loose my deposit &
b: be sued by a multinational car company
Man, im too tired to play coy. Straight up, I've not heard fuck all about my proto even tho my dealers most recent message (near on a month ago) said expected time on the water was late September, early October. I've still not heard fuck all and when I fly back, him and I will be speaking of it.

Anything to give me a heads up going into that call would be appreciated.

No one's losing any deposit as I'm damn sure enough time has lapsed since even the most recent contract updates that we can walk away from Nissan with a full refund given their failure to meet their end of the contract.

Saying shit like that then going all water tight is bullshit. Personally, its bad enough that im being led along the garden path by my dealer without a damn rando on a forum playing games aswell.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
so I've been traveling so missed the screen shot.

but did anyone else catch the yellow non Proto coupe that got listed up used by a dealer in WA in past week.

saw it when I was stopped for a bit on yesterday but could not find it again today.

was circa 86K drive away

EDIT:
ok could not find it on carsales anymore, but thought the dealer started with M.

so a quick google later and looking at their sites

https://www.morleynissan.com.au/demo-cars/for-sale/nissan/z/2022/z34-my23/2252948

1665462595840.png

Last edited:

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
I also got sick of waiting for a confirmed delivery date. MY dealer was always transparent. I had confirmation I had a car and it was on the water.

As a result I advertised my car and sold it awaiting the new delivery being within the next two weeks. A week later I get a call stating that Nissan have reprioritised deliveries and there was no indication of a timeframe for my delivery.

My dealer even offered me a car as a loaner without question until my vehicle arrived. I turned this down as I didn't want to wait further for a car with no indication of a delivery time (could be months)

All I can suggest is you call Nissan Australia and ask if there is a manufacturing bottleneck/fault/rectification/destruction that impacts your delivery. and if so how long is it likely to impact your delivery for? When will a media update be published and state you have heard there are significant issues demand an answer.

Do not harass your dealers, they are in the dark the same as we are and mine has done everything right. The cars they have right now may not be able to be delivered...

Sorry I cant be any more specific and I am sure I am going to get flamed. I don't intend to troll, I just feel sorry for others that are in the same boat as me.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
The cars they have right now may not be able to be delivered...
@dangero this makes it sound like you are insinuating there is a recall/stop sale on the horizon? I know it was an issue for the 9AT's, and there was a brief (best we know) rumor about the same happening to 6MT's, but I do not believe I've seen anything to confirm it is in fact true.

Not accusing you of anything, for the record - I get the hesitation in elaborating if you've been exposed to some inside information that could be compromising if you were the source of it reaching the public - just trying to help bring some potential clarity to the situation. Do you have any contacts in corporate you could point others here towards so they could hopefully get some answers?

I sincerely hope y'all are not going to be in a holding pattern for much longer - can vividly remember how envious those of us in the states were of y'all with regards to cars selling at stickers, reservation process, etc. Sucks to see such little progress since.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
so I've been traveling so missed the screen shot.

but did anyone else catch the yellow non Proto coupe that got listed up used by a dealer in WA in past week.

saw it when I was stopped for a bit on yesterday but could not find it again today.

was circa 86K drive away

EDIT:
ok could not find it on carsales anymore, but thought the dealer started with M.

so a quick google later and looking at their sites

https://www.morleynissan.com.au/demo-cars/for-sale/nissan/z/2022/z34-my23/2252948

1665462595840.png
I’d say it’s click bait. Go in you can buy it, but can’t have it for 9 months

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I also got sick of waiting for a confirmed delivery date. MY dealer was always transparent. I had confirmation I had a car and it was on the water.

As a result I advertised my car and sold it awaiting the new delivery being within the next two weeks. A week later I get a call stating that Nissan have reprioritised deliveries and there was no indication of a timeframe for my delivery.

My dealer even offered me a car as a loaner without question until my vehicle arrived. I turned this down as I didn't want to wait further for a car with no indication of a delivery time (could be months)

All I can suggest is you call Nissan Australia and ask if there is a manufacturing bottleneck/fault/rectification/destruction that impacts your delivery. and if so how long is it likely to impact your delivery for? When will a media update be published and state you have heard there are significant issues demand an answer.

Do not harass your dealers, they are in the dark the same as we are and mine has done everything right. The cars they have right now may not be able to be delivered...

Sorry I cant be any more specific and I am sure I am going to get flamed. I don't intend to troll, I just feel sorry for others that are in the same boat as me.
This is what I already tried, but all calls to Nissan Aus just get redirected back to the dealer …it’s just not on