Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
No protos ordered at what you said (from memory) is one of the biggest nissan dealerships in Perth? That seems odd indeed.

So you didn't place an order at Mazda? Guess you've just accepted the fact that you'll wait as long as they'll have you waiting. Youve waited this long, what's another two or three months. Honestly, the run up to xmas flies by and it'll pass quickly šŸ˜‰
Iā€™m telling you the ONLY reason I went into the dealer this morning was to get my deposit back ā€¦there is now only two and a half months wait time on the MX5

The dealership is the second biggest, but when I asked about a Proto in the early days they were adamant that we would only get one spec..so perhaps by the time they figured out that they were truly getting another option it was too late.
My actual guy wasnā€™t there today so I spoke to a lady, which in a way gave me a different perspective She did say there may be one ordered but she didnā€™t know of any, because they were told ā€œ they would have to wait longer for a protoā€ early on. So it looks like the mixed communication from the top is also affecting dealers and annoying them

All I know is I walked in with full intentions of getting a refund and then making the two minute drive to Mazda to place an order, came out scratching my head as to why that didnā€™t happenā€¦I canā€™t even tell you how she actually convinced me šŸ§ Must be a very good sales woman.šŸ¤Æ

Like I said, in no way am I sure that I made the right decision ā€¦.my faith and trust in getting a vehicle this side of Christmas is well and truly shaky

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Iā€™m telling you the ONLY reason I went into the dealer this morning was to get my deposit back ā€¦there is now only two and a half months wait time on the MX5

The dealership is the second biggest, but when I asked about a Proto in the early days they were adamant that we would only get one spec..so perhaps by the time they figured out that they were truly getting another option it was too late.
My actual guy wasnā€™t there today so I spoke to a lady, which in a way gave me a different perspective She did say there may be one ordered but she didnā€™t know of any, because they were told ā€œ they would have to wait longer for a protoā€ early on. So it looks like the mixed communication from the top is also affecting dealers and annoying them

All I know is I walked in with full intentions of getting a refund and then making the two minute drive to Mazda to place an order, came out scratching my head as to why that didnā€™t happenā€¦I canā€™t even tell you how she actually convinced me šŸ§ Must be a very good sales woman.šŸ¤Æ

Like I said, in no way am I sure that I made the right decision ā€¦.my faith and trust in getting a vehicle this side of Christmas is well and truly shaky
be a shame to quit now as long as you've waited...

6pa63s.jpg

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I went into mine to ask for my deposit backā€¦.they say delivery for the coupes as far as they know is now October or November ( they donā€™t have any Protos ordered apparently)
This is my issueā€¦October/November will turn into Dec/Jan.

I really want the Z but this is listing me off, but they did manage to convince me to stay on the list. Iā€™m really not sure Iā€™ve done the right thing
You have done the right thing. The doubt you feel now is nothing compared to the regret you would feel 6 months from now when we are all driving around in our Zs.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
You have done the right thing. The doubt you feel now is nothing compared to the regret you would feel 6 months from now when we are all driving around in our Zs.
6 months - you willing to put any guarantees on that? :)

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
This guy, Almost gave all Aussies heart attack šŸ˜‚. Was about to go hard on my guy, my deposit was from last year
I should Clarify that I have been on my Dealerships verbal list...no deposit...oral agreement that I would be granted the 1st Z to show up.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Question for the Aussie's.....How many Proto Specs will be available in Australia? I am told 240 in US. Just Curious.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
6, 12, or 18 I think the message is the same
I don't know, maybe if we all lived forever, and situations/interests did not change, that could be true. For me the Z window is closing, too bad it wasn't available earlier.

Turboman1994

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None yet
Occupation
Driller

Interesting the Mazda dealership I spoke to reckoned about 4 months for a mx5