Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Chatted to my dealer in Brisbane. He said he was expecting July but that he doubting that will happen now šŸ˜. He is also under the impression he would know as soon as the car was on a boat.

I have a updated contract for manual proto, still no VIN. Dealer says I am allocated a proto along with another customer who has an auto.
A couple of dealers have said they are already in the boatā€¦weather they are or not is another thing

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Dealers are still telling you what you want to hear to string you along so you dont go and buy a car elsewhere
Really? Would never have thought thatā€¦.of course we realise. At the same time I 100% know for a fact they are also being fed bull šŸ’©, because I was literally there where Nissan Aus Corps told my dealer cars were expected in July

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
My dealer has stopped responding to my emails so that's my update.
I think we have the same Sydney dealer, if you ordered a Proto from them and haven't been told then you have missed out as they told me last week they only got 2.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I think we have the same Sydney dealer, if you ordered a Proto from them and haven't been told then you have missed out as they told me last week they only got 2.
Yep, though when I ordered I asked them if I could put down for a yellow coupe as my second preference which they said was fine so I'm trying to ask them about that. They could at least inform me I've missed out on the proto (which I've been assuming was the case for months).

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Really? Would never have thought thatā€¦.of course we realise. At the same time I 100% know for a fact they are also being fed bull šŸ’©, because I was literally there where Nissan Aus Corps told my dealer cars were expected in July
Oh yeah i am not blaming dealers, they have to string you along to make the sale but its Nissan that is obviously not communicating well enough with them. I think most people are understanding the tough times we are in with supply chain etc. If the communication was better, i think people would be more understanding

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Oh yeah i am not blaming dealers, they have to string you along to make the sale but its Nissan that is obviously not communicating well enough with them. I think most people are understanding the tough times we are in with supply chain etc. If the communication was better, i think people would be more understanding
Thatā€™s what I have said all alongā€¦I understand there are extenuating circumstancesā€¦Iā€™m just asking to be kept in the loop.
We put our money down, we signed contracts, we have done the right thing by themā€¦time for them to do the right thing by us.
They have all our details after all

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Yep, though when I ordered I asked them if I could put down for a yellow coupe as my second preference which they said was fine so I'm trying to ask them about that. They could at least inform me I've missed out on the proto (which I've been assuming was the case for months).
Spoke to someone on the phone. Turns out the old sales guy has left which explains the non-responses. You'd think they'd put an out of office on or something but anyway.

New sales guy was way more communicative. Turns out I was 3 in the queue at their dealership for protos. They were allocated 2 protos but 1 pulled out. But since Nissan was controlling the allocation they took that 1 back and gave it to someone else. So that sucks for me. I only just missed out in the end.

He seemed to think there shouldn't be any problems getting a yellow coupe as they haven't been that popular in preorders. But he was honest and said he still wasn't certain how allocations for the Coupe would work - Nissan hasn't told them.

He's now sending me an updated contract for the Yellow coupe.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Spoke to someone on the phone. Turns out the old sales guy has left which explains the non-responses. You'd think they'd put an out of office on or something but anyway.

New sales guy was way more communicative. Turns out I was 3 in the queue at their dealership for protos. They were allocated 2 protos but 1 pulled out. But since Nissan was controlling the allocation they took that 1 back and gave it to someone else. So that sucks for me. I only just missed out in the end.

He seemed to think there shouldn't be any problems getting a yellow coupe as they haven't been that popular in preorders. But he was honest and said he still wasn't certain how allocations for the Coupe would work - Nissan hasn't told them.

He's now sending me an updated contract for the Yellow coupe.
Same thing happened to me in WA ā€¦sales guy left, no one told me.
The manager took over his load which may or may not be good
I too ordered a yellow coupe.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
that was my first comment when My wife brought it home.

I'ld only seen pics of the yellow ones so I was mildy confused.
I'be been checking at the stores every time I've been nearone totry find one.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
At least your wife managed to find one. I haven't got the time / be bothered digging through the huge piles in the shelf-end tubs and shelf-pegs to find individuals ones I might want.

Mattel, Hasbro, and others are extremely bad at simply re-selling the same toy in different packaging and/or repainting an existing one to sell again because it's now "different". I bought a Hot Wheels 1966 Bat Boat the other day, only to get home and find I already had it in different packaging. :(

It's not just toys either. The book industry has a similarly bad habit of re-printing books with different cover designs to try to sell more (they often annoyingly charge the design mid-series as well, so someone trying to collect the set has to decide whether or not to re-buy al the previous ones to have them matching!).

Dorling Kindersley often releases a book, sometimes titled as as the "Ultimate" or "Complete", only to then a year or two later re-release it with a couple more new pages and a new cover design.

It's all largely just a marketing con to "encourage" the customer into re-buying what they already have.