Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
OMG, the typos and grammar in that are giving me convulsions.
Yeah…I agree, but most dealers aren’t selling cars because they are university graduates.
Anyways…updated contract with correct model ect

And the notation
“There is no cooling off period. This becomes a legally binding contract upon acceptance by the dealer. Registration charges are an estimates and will be charged at actual costs “

Pity the same can’t be said for luxury car tax which as expected is hidden on the vehicle cost so not advertised and therefore able to charge the higher amount even though going down in July.

Bloody stamp duty in Wa $4764.50😡 registration is $400 a year but then another $460 in compulsory third party insurance ….so over $5500 in government fees 😡😡😡

• Angry
Reactions: Mud
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
On the upside….hope those guys on Facebook trying to charge over and above the advertised price get what they deserve. It’s illegal, not even sure how the talked some into paying 5k delivery

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Hey guys I have had to come to the extremely hard decision to cancel the order for my Proto. 😭

After 2 days of the dealer trying to get hold of me I finally had time to call them back and find out what they wanted to inform me about.

It was to confirm that I had successfully secured a Proto and that they would be sending through an updated contract. I told them that I was 50/50 about going through with the sale and they said that would be fine and I could cancel it later if I wanted and not lose my deposit.

I then get a call 5 minutes later to inform me sorry that was not the case as Proto's are not the dealers cars and that they would not get the Proto if I decided to cancel my order as it would go to the next person inline for the order and thus be going to whatever dealership that is.

So I had to make a decision and ultimately had to make the choice to cancel my order as unfortunately the timing was not right for me.

I did find out a bit more info about the Proto though from the dealer. Apparently there are/were only 8 Proto's for QLD including mine so might be 1 less with my cancellation and was told that the total allocation is meant to be half of the US so that would make it 120 in total.

I might live to regret cancelling my order especially if I see them on the secondhand market going for a lot more money but such is life and I can't dwell on what could have been.

I will still stay active on this forum and would love to hear your opinions when you get yours cars!

Take care everyone and hope you all enjoy your new Z's when you get them!

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Tough call mate. Have to do what's right for you though.

I don't know whether or not I really want to know, but ..was it a MT?

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yeah I'm seeing little that has changed for customers in this thread other than some more "dealer said" stuff. Maybe I missed a post, Ballast Scorcher does the dealer have a Z for you to pickup, or is it still promises made by the dealer and documents without an actual VIN and vehicle?
Nah mate, I don't believe they do.

I don't know what transpires that tip the balance from the situation being just a (quite open ended) generic contract that I previously had, to this slightly more advanced contract - but not so far advanced that it has a VIN applies.

Obviously something has occured in the background, but it still very much feels like I have simply progressed to the "next round" and not anything overly more official than that.

It all seems very strange.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
This is what I just received with an updated contract
Speaking with someone in the know, you should have your very early Coupe allocation confirmed by Nissan Australia within the next 2 week, they will allegedly contact us directly. I see no advantage in signing any more dealer paperwork until then.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Speaking with someone in the know, you should have your very early Coupe allocation confirmed by Nissan Australia within the next 2 week, they will allegedly contact us directly. I see no advantage in signing any more dealer paperwork until then.
Well that sounds promising…signed because I know I want it, and who knows….might be like the Proto, if you don’t sign it gets moved on.
Looks like they are actually trying to lock people in now, instead of just having what for all intent and purposes a good will hand shake
Like I said I both phoned the guy and got the email, in both instances he said Nissan Aus has asked all dealers to follow up and update paperwork.

Like I said you are probably correct…makes no difference…however given @Tdog87 conversation there is a small chance it does mean something, and I ain’t going to the back of the line 🤣

@Tdog87 sorry to hear your pulling out, but with the cost of everything hitting the roof lately can totally understand and am shocked more of us are not doing likewise.
Thanks for joining in on the thread though, even your latest update gives us a hint to go what’s going on

Last edited: