jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Did anyone order the red upholstery?

Going through the build options online it looks like it may have been pulled.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Nope ā€¦.but I kinda suspected it would be the case, when do we usually get multiple choices of interioršŸ˜”
On a positive note, it does bring possible build combinations from 38 down to 20.
Much better odds of the right car turning up!

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
I actually ordered the red with the red upholstery.

Damn, that doesn't sound good....

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
I actually ordered the red with the red upholstery.
Very interested to hear what your dealer says. Communication from Nissan Australia on these little things would go a looong way in helping us feel like even slightly valued customers.

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Very interested to hear what your dealer says. Communication from Nissan Australia on these little things would go a looong way in helping us feel like even slightly valued customers.
My dealer is pretty honest. He's always trying to get info from Nissan but the truth is that there's just no updates.

I almost feel bad reaching out sometimes as I know that there's almost nothing they can do lol.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My dealer is pretty honest. He's always trying to get info from Nissan but the truth is that there's just no updates.

I almost feel bad reaching out sometimes as I know that there's almost nothing they can do lol.
I get that tooā€¦.but sometimes the only way to get answers is pestering them so they pester head office, so head office pesters Nissan to get answers

If youā€™ve ordered something they canā€™t supply, at the very least a phone call should be made.

Over it

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
You might as well keep the reservation, youā€™re not committed until you sign a contract.
Update time!

As Jezzza suggested the order confirmation was just a reservation confirmation so that they can submit the details to Nissan to start the builds which who knows will actually start.

So I obviously confirmed my order as I am not locked into anything until I sign an updated contract.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Update time!

As Jezzza suggested the order confirmation was just a reservation confirmation so that they can submit the details to Nissan to start the builds which who knows will actually start.

So I obviously confirmed my order as I am not locked into anything until I sign an updated contract.
I donā€™t get itā€¦. Didnā€™t we all already confirm our orders for build around two months ago ( probably longer now)
If they are not building them by now then no way are we getting them in July and probably not August either šŸ˜–

Last edited:

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
I donā€™t get itā€¦. Didnā€™t we all already confirm our orders for build around two months ago ( probably longer now)
If they are not building them by now then no way are we getting them in July and probably nit August either šŸ˜–
That is why I was a bit confused with the call on Saturday as I had already confirmed my order like you said a month or two ago so I thought it was confirming I will actually buy the car.

What also doesn't make a huge amount of sense is that my order is for a Proto which is a fixed configuration and there is meant to be only a certain amount of them to built so it should be built regardless of me confirming my order or not.

Honestly given how Nissan has so far handled the release of the car it isn't very confidence inspiring and leaves me a little concerned with how after sales warranty and support will go.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That is why I was a bit confused with the call on Saturday as I had already confirmed my order like you said a month or two ago so I thought it was confirming I will actually buy the car.

What also doesn't make a huge amount of sense is that my order is for a Proto which is a fixed configuration and there is meant to be only a certain amount of them to built so it should be built regardless of me confirming my order or not.

Honestly given how Nissan has so far handled the release of the car it isn't very confidence inspiring and leaves me a little concerned with how after sales warranty and support will go.
Agree thatā€™s why I asked what you guys ordered because I couldnā€™t clearly remembered.
I thought if they were both Protos that maybe they had over subscribed and were locking people in to make sure they ended up where promised, but the fact that @jezzza is not a Proto blows that theory out of the water.

The thing is for most of you guys this misinformation has been going on for 6months
Iā€™m on month 15, and the constant changing of what is going to happen is truly doing my head in nowā€¦.that coupled with a few disappointments, that being smaller screen, plug in Apple car play, no Sat Nav, Iā€™m really starting to reconsider my decision.

As mentioned I did look at ordering a MX5 6months ago, and then walked into my dealership when head office was in and they swore the car would be here In July, and that after waiting for so long I should wait just a little longer ā€¦.and perhaps against my better judgment I said no thank you to the lovely dealer at Mazda and kept my order.

In retrospect Iā€™m not sure I made the right decision, and if it drags out much longer I might go back to that plan. I mean it would mean waiting 6 months again, but at least I would know itā€™s definitely coming and ordered to my choice of specs, and it would be 20k less.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I don't think that Nissan Japan would be making any surplus/ stock cars, based on their production schedule every car off the line will have a home. Nissan Japan would have all the production scheduling data.
I feel that for some reason this information is not fully being communicated to Nissan Australia and from there not to the dealer network.
As far as customer service and warranty should not be an issue as this will be my 4th Nissan and no issues.
Unfortunately its a waiting game.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Yeah that's correct, Proto and Boulder here in Brisbane.

Think I've finally snapped, Z fatigue has kicked in and excitement is quickly turning into frustration.
Best I put my mind elsewhere until we actually hear something positive.
I received a call on Sat also. Exact same deal, wanting to confirm my order for 400Z, Red , Manual.
I reminded her I wanted black only interior, but looks like interior options might have been removed now.

Which dealer Jezza?

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Man, you guys getting dealer-initiated contact make me sick. Thats not how any self-respecting enthusiast waits for the Z.

Seriously, take your quality salespeople and shove it. I'm over here in the wasteland that is abysmal service and have been for 3 months shy of a year and loving it. That's how you earn a Z. No, stuff being treated like a valued customer, I'll justify my whinge at this shit service I'm receiving by staying loyal to my shit dealership and their unchanging and unaltered approach to customer relations and earn my Z. That's how a man does it.

šŸ˜…