Hands Up all the Aussies

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
No one has a proper contract yet because the dealers still are ordering through the back door.
Dealerships haven't ordered anything! They've sent through reservation requests but are yet to receive any confirmation, allocation numbers or delivery timeframes. I feel that some dealers are splurting out nonsense.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Dealerships haven't ordered anything! They've sent through reservation requests but are yet to receive any confirmation, allocation numbers or delivery timeframes. I feel that some dealers are splurting out nonsense.
Thatā€™s what I meantā€¦putting a reservation ( getting in line) through the back doorā€¦ no orders because itā€™s not fully in the system, they have no idea what they are getting and no VINs to generate an order

Bad choice of words on my part

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Sorry I didn't mean to direct that at you. I just find it so frustrating that dealerships are advertising "orders" and "preorders" all over the place when they can't place orders and have no idea what they'll get or when they'll receive it.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Sorry I didn't mean to direct that at you. I just find it so frustrating that dealerships are advertising "orders" and "preorders" all over the place when they can't place orders and have no idea what they'll get or when they'll receive it.
All good, I knew what you meant and share your frustration.
Lots of mis information out there, trying to keep that carrot dangling

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Back from the dealership!

As expected no news to report, however the sales manager did take me through all their correspondence with Nissan regarding the Z. It was interesting but there isn't much to report that Nissan didn't release publicly.

I saw the list of reservations submitted and I do apologise for my misinformation @West Aussie, "ordering through the back door" is a very accurate description of what took place. A boring old spreadsheet was emailed through and later merged with a bigger spreadsheet for all reservations (or preorders) nationally.

I did learn that Nissan dealerships are provided with build and VIN numbers for all models as soon as individual builds hit the production line, it would be an odd exception if the Z is any different. No build details have been received for any Australian Zs yet, uncertain what this means..

Sales manager fully agrees that shipping any media or demonstration vehicles before preorders are fulfilled would be illogical and likely do more harm than good.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Back from the dealership!

As expected no news to report, however the sales manager did take me through all their correspondence with Nissan regarding the Z. It was interesting but there isn't much to report that Nissan didn't release publicly.

I saw the list of reservations submitted and I do apologise for my misinformation @West Aussie, "ordering through the back door" is a very accurate description of what took place. A boring old spreadsheet was emailed through and later merged with a bigger spreadsheet for all reservations (or preorders) nationally.

I did learn that Nissan dealerships are provided with build and VIN numbers for all models as soon as individual builds hit the production line, it would be an odd exception if the Z is any different. No build details have been received for any Australian Zs yet, uncertain what this means..

Sales manager fully agrees that shipping any media or demonstration vehicles before preorders are fulfilled would be illogical and likely do more harm than good.
Great feedback.
Yepā€¦.I still get your meaning though. Itā€™s still is not really an order, just a reservation, a spot in the list via the back door.
No one really has a contract till VINs are on them, because without that you have no car allocated

Given your information, and that dealers do not have any VINs Iā€™d say they havenā€™t even been built yet which is highly frustrating.
Iā€™d say it would take around 3-4 weeks to build Aus specs, another 3-4 weeks for shipping.

We wonā€™t see these cars until late August at bestā€¦is my guess as much as I hate to say it šŸ˜”

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
No one really has a contract till VINs are on them, because without that you have no car allocated.
I know this has been mentioned/debated in our fb group a few times, but the sales manager did confirm that it is 100% accurate.

Given your information, and that dealers do not have any VINs Iā€™d say they havenā€™t even been built yet which is highly frustrating.
Dealerships have not been notified of any delays whatsoever. There's internal correspondence (and media articles) stating that deliveries are scheduled to commence July, but I think we can all agree that it's looking pretty unlikely.

I'll stand by my opinion that dealers suggesting an August, October or September delivery (while very possible) is still just unfounded speculation.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Just had a call from my dealership to confirm my order.

I was upfront and told them I am still on the fence and asked how long I have to confirm.

I was told that I need to confirm my order by 12pm Monday otherwise I will miss out. Told them I will get back to them on Monday and let them know.

I find it a little bit unfair to confirm to a limited edition model without knowing yet how many will be available.

I have a couple of days to make a decision and will update then.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Just had the same call from no doubt the same lady wanting to confirm my ā€œ400Zā€ order. Said sheā€™d been asked by Nissan. What is going on? Itā€™s getting utterly ridiculous.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
You might as well keep the reservation, youā€™re not committed until you sign a contract.
So are you guys at the same dealer?
And sorry, because once again I canā€™t remember what everyone has on order, but did you guys want the Proto?ā€¦if memory serves me right @jezzza you wanted Boulder right?
@Tdog87 was it a Proto?

Iā€™d understand if it was Protos because my first thought is they have over subscribed and trying to lock in people so they know how to allocate, but not for all cars.

Dealers in WA do not open on Sunday, so be interested to see if we get a call on Monday.

Thing is, we put in a Pre Order, then they checked on those pre orders a couple of months agoā€¦how many times do they need to ask. Just get the bloody cars hereā€¦this has been the worst roll out Iā€™ve ever heard of. Delays I can deal with, but communication sucks, and double triple checking orders when they dint even have cars to sell is ridiculous

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

I was upfront and told them I am still on the fence and asked how long I have to confirm.

I was told that I need to confirm my order by 12pm Monday otherwise I will miss out. Told them I will get back to them on Monday and let them know.

I find it a little bit unfair to confirm to a limited edition model without knowing yet how many will be available.

I have a couple of days to make a decision and will update then.
P.S Iā€™d tell them, Iā€™ll tell you when you tell me if you hav3 a car to sell to me

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
if memory serves me right @jezzza you wanted Boulder right?
@Tdog87 was it a Proto?
Yeah that's correct, Proto and Boulder here in Brisbane.

Think I've finally snapped, Z fatigue has kicked in and excitement is quickly turning into frustration.
Best I put my mind elsewhere until we actually hear something positive.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah that's correct, Proto and Boulder here in Brisbane.

Think I've finally snapped, Z fatigue has kicked in and excitement is quickly turning into frustration.
Best I put my mind elsewhere until we actually hear something positive.
I get itā€¦completely understand the frustration ā€¦Nissans doing a good job at putting people off of their cars, if they are not careful they will lose us all.

As I said, I understand there have been set backs, but itā€™s the back and forth, the different info given to us all, and the lack of solid information thatā€™s just taking the shine off of this
If Iā€™d given in and gone for a MX5 when I first felt like this, Iā€™d have it in my driveway in two weeks, but I didnā€™t, so if I give up now Iā€™ve still got a 6 month wait for that to come, and of course as soon as I ordered the Z would show up

Itā€™s extremely frustratingā€¦all we are asking for is some openness and transparancey

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Just had the same call from no doubt the same lady wanting to confirm my ā€œ400Zā€ order.
Yeah it is a little concerning that dealerships are still refering to it as the "400Z" when it has been known and confirmed to be called just Z for what 6 months now.

You might as well keep the reservation, youā€™re not committed until you sign a contract.
I will check with the dealer on Monday. If all it is is to just confirm my reservation and I am not locked in and can still my deposit back until I actually get a contract then I will definitely confirm.

So are you guys at the same dealer?
And sorry, because once again I canā€™t remember what everyone has on order, but did you guys want the Proto?ā€¦if memory serves me right @jezzza you wanted Boulder right?
@Tdog87 was it a Proto?
As Jezzza has already confirmed we are with the same dealer and yes I have an order for the Proto.

Iā€™d understand if it was Protos because my first thought is they have over subscribed and trying to lock in people so they know how to allocate, but not for all cars.
It might be different for the Proto as there is a finite number of them but Jezzza got the same call so possibly just the same thing for confirmation.

Still find it frustrating that we are apparently so close to launch and they still haven't officially confirmed how many Proto's will be available here as that will influence my decision on the car.