Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
so what is one to do as they become increasingly antsy waiting in a delivery date…..well what else but bug my poor dealer.
sent him a quick email asking if I would need to come in and redo the contract with everything updated, and mentioned there were a few people online that have already been asked to do so.
He said to me, yes you will need to come in and do an updated contract, but the car is still not in the actual system yet so it’s pointless till it is…
This makes me feel that my dealer hasn’t had any or many pull out and they are not in a rush to make people feel like they are locked in. Some of the other dealers maybe feeling a little worried about people pulling out and trying to make people feel locked into the contract.
If your pushed into resigning anything perhaps ask if the car is in the system yet, and if not what is the point of an updated contract.
In reality the only real contract will be when the VIN is available to be entered …Nissan Aus has the orders and are processing, so the contract is for the dealers benefit at present …at least until it’s in the system

Last edited:

Freelancerb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
so what is one to do as they become increasingly antsy waiting in a delivery date…..well what else but big my poor dealer.
sent him a quick email asking if I would need to come in and redo the contract with everything updated, and mentioned there were a few people online that have already been asked to do so.
He said to me, yes you will need to come in and do an updated contract, but the car is still not in the actual system yet so it’s pointless till it is…
This makes me feel that my dealer hasn’t had any or many pull out and they are not in a rush to make people feel like they are locked in. Some of the other dealers maybe feeling a little worried about people pulling out and trying to make people feel locked into the contract.
If your pushed into resigning anything perhaps ask if the car is in the system yet, and if not what is the point of an updated contract.
In reality the only real contract will be when the VIN is available to be entered …Nissan Aus has the orders and are processing, so the contract is for the dealers benefit at present …at least until it’s in the system
Spoke to mine as well recently and he told me there was nothing to do until it one day shows up in the stocklist 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm also in a fortunate position where I'm the only one who has ordered through this dealer in tas 😅

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
So now the car is not in the system and order not placed? He seems to have changed his story!

I've had plenty of friends and family who've preorded cars and it didn't go like this.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So now the car is not in the system and order not placed? He seems to have changed his story!

I've had plenty of friends and family who've preorded cars and it didn't go like this.
Nono no..…the order is in the system and with Nissan Aus, it’s been placed through th back screens…where they type it all in manually, he has said this all along.
hpHe means the “z” dosent come up in inventory as yet, until it does the old contract would mean the same as any new one

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Argh I get ya.. This is what I keep asking my dealer.. "Do Nissan have my/our allocation request!" Which apparently they do. I'm not too worried about contracts etc, that's the dealers problem.

Do you know if we pay for these things on pickup or beforehand?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Argh I get ya.. This is what I keep asking my dealer.. "Do Nissan have my/our allocation request!" Which apparently they do. I'm not too worried about contracts etc, that's the dealers problem.

Do you know if we pay for these things on pickup or beforehand?
No idea…I’m guessing once finalised contracts are completed, you can start payments….I’d say as long as final payments is made on pick up it’s all good….but this is just me guessing, no knowledge really

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I love how quiet this forum is today.. It's like everyone is preoccupied.
Ha, too right. I'm painting my house on my 2 weeks off....and endeavouring not to get bogged down in refreshing youtube to see all the reviews coming in. Am really looking forward to Savage Geese's and Raiti's rides.

That drag race was a tad underwhelming. Perhaps if the Z had some fake vents, it would've helped close the distance 😅

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm just sifting through the roller coaster that is the rest of the world finding out prices and all the hate in the mustang / supra drag thread 😅
Don’t know why the Canadians are crying, they got the best price out of all of us
Supra owners need to sit down, the Z coupe is still 15k cheaper than the Supra…that’s a lot of money for mods if you so chose to do so.

As to the drag race, dosent bother me for a few reasons. One they admitted the tires were not good compared to the other cars and that a change in the tire could make quite a large difference. I’m guess the other two cars have also already been tuned etc…where as the Z is out of the box
Secondly how many of us here are actually gonna track it, compared to have fun in it and take out to the country roads

Freelancerb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Don’t know why the Canadians are crying, they got the best price out of all of us
Supra owners need to sit down, the Z coupe is still 15k cheaper than the Supra…that’s a lot of money for mods if you so chose to do so.

As to the drag race, dosent bother me for a few reasons. One they admitted the tires were not good compared to the other cars and that a change in the tire could make quite a large difference. I’m guess the other two cars have also already been tuned etc…where as the Z is out of the box
Secondly how many of us here are actually gonna track it, compared to have fun in it and take out to the country roads
Exactly this! Fun video to watch but that's all it is. Some fun

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
That may be the case for the normal version but unfortunately I have an order for a Proto and to me personally the value proposition starts to slightly skew in favour of the Supra.

The Supra will most likely be the better performing car of the 2.

It is lighter, most likely has a better chassis setup and will handle better, has better tech and most likely better fitout and quality of interior, plus has adaptive drive modes and adaptive suspension and has a slightly bigger boot.

I have left looks out of this as they can be very subjective and most people will prefer the look of the Z over the Supra but in virtually every other facet the Supra wins.

I think I am unfortunately starting to slightly lean towards cancelling my order but will wait until I can get as much information about the car first before I make my decision.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That may be the case for the normal version but unfortunately I have an order for a Proto and to me personally the value proposition starts to slightly skew in favour of the Supra.

The Supra will most likely be the better performing car of the 2.

It is lighter, most likely has a better chassis setup and will handle better, has better tech and most likely better fitout and quality of interior, plus has adaptive drive modes and adaptive suspension and has a slightly bigger boot.

I have left looks out of this as they can be very subjective and most people will prefer the look of the Z over the Supra but in virtually every other facet the Supra wins.

I think I am unfortunately starting to slightly lean towards cancelling my order but will wait until I can get as much information about the car first before I make my decision.
Well it’s a personal choice, but you also need to factor in that a new Supra manual will not be the current 107k price tag…most likely will be much higher…again things like shipping the manufacturers can do little about and that in itself will most likely be an extra 1k, never mind what the chip shortage and development of the manual will do to the price.
The proto new is still 10-15k cheaper than the Supra new…right now, who knows what the price will be in a year when the manual is here.

again I respect your choice, but just factor in all possibilities …it’s not as straight forward as you think and 10-15k can pay for a heck of a lot of mods

can I ask were you planning on tracking it? If so I can understand what your saying