First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Good luck with the purchase, Tassie will be an epic place for driving this car! I'm planning a road trip down there next year with a few others, looking forward to it!
Thanks you too! Hopefully when all the dust settles and eveyone has they're cars theres a tassie cruise on the cards 👌🏻

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
On a different note I just checked out a tesla model 3 plaid hear at the mall in Hawaii while waiting for my daughter, the fit and finish of the car is bad, gap joints not uniform interior very plain, can't compete with the japanese
They are cheap as …not literally, but the way they are made. Thay have no soul, for my mind it’s not a driving experience, just a car to get from a to b

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey. Long time lurker first time posting 🤣
Spoke to my dealer today ( TAS) he sent me through the info / press release they got sent and being told august delivery for us but realistically sept/Oct
Welcome welcome…I’m really happy I decided to start a thread for us Aussies, it turns out there are quite a lot of us, and because of that we can keep an eye on what’s going on across the country
Think your the first from Tassie though

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Knowledgeable dealer said all confirmed orders have been processed with Nissan, updated contracts are on the way. There's no way of knowing if Aussie cars are currently being manufactured for our June/July delivery, but no one's been told otherwise yet.
Good to know…your dealer sounds like he’s onto things @jezzza
im still hoping for that July timeline, the fact there are cars leaving Japan now still gives me hope, but at the very least with all this movement they will definitely be here this year, as someone who had a deposit in since late March last year I can’t tell you what a relief that is

@jezzza do you know when we should be expecting to see those contracts?
if anyone gets a call to sign one please post, because some of us don’t have dealers that are as on top of things.
Id hate it if the “new” contracts superseded the “old” contract in terms of our position in line

Last edited:

Freelancerb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Welcome welcome…I’m really happy I decided to start a thread for us Aussies, it turns out there are quite a lot of us, and because of that we can keep an eye on what’s going on across the country
Think your the first from Tassie though
Hey! Yeah it's been a great thread to follow! Only found its a few weeks ago so thanks for starting it up! It's been great to see all the info flow through and hear eveyones thought / experiences. Nice to all finally have a bit more concrete info to share

Freelancerb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Did anyone else's dealer forward on the my23 advance product and pricing notification

Freelancerb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Nope…willing to share?
It's alot of pages don't really want to post all of it as my dealer has been good to me thus far. Happy to sift it for answers to questions. Thought it was interesting that the only base colour is rosewood and that the rest are extras etc. Seems like the Aus "coupe" is the performance spec

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It's alot of pages don't really want to post all of it as my dealer has been good to me thus far. Happy to sift it for answers to questions. Thought it was interesting that the only base colour is rosewood and that the rest are extras etc. Seems like the Aus "coupe" is the performance spec
Yes, it is ….just the centre screen smaller for some reason, which is annoying a lot of us….something so visual that would have cost so few dollars to go to the larger one should have been included. When your spending 80k, what’s $200 more.

so I’m guessing what he sent you is just what’s on line and we can access?

Freelancerb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Yes, it is ….just the centre screen smaller for some reason, which is annoying a lot of us….something so visual that would have cost so few dollars to go to the larger one should have been included. When your spending 80k, what’s $200 more.

so I’m guessing what he sent you is just what’s on line and we can access?
Just finished going through it. It's got the dealership time date etc watermarked through it everywhere hence not wanting to screen it. It's no real new information that we can't access. I just had the colours broken down into rosewood base. Premium 700 and two tone 1200. Has a section on comparative market cars etc

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
@jezzza do you know when we should be expecting to see those contracts?
if anyone gets a call to sign one please post, because some of us don’t have dealers that are as on top of things.
Id hate it if the “new” contracts superseded the “old” contract in terms of our position in line
Orders are with Nissan, contracts are just through the dealership, mine said they'll send them out soon.

I'd be double checking that you (and your car) are on the top of your dealer's allocation list. I've asked for confirmation of that multiple times.

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Orders are with Nissan, contracts are just through the dealership, mine said they'll send them out soon.

I'd be double checking that you (and your car) are on the top of your dealers list. I've asked for confirmation of that multiple times.
As have I …they keep saying yes yes…your first, but I just can’t trust them 100%
The good thing in Aus at least is it’s set pricing, so no one can come in and buy their spot unless it’s in a very illegal way
Did you have a contract before? I know some did not

slknv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911, Cayenne Turbo, Nissan S15
So out of the blue I get a call today... "Hi, it's xxxx from Ringwood Nissan, just calling about your new car!"

I reply - "Actually, I cancelled the order ages ago, because of the total lack of communication despite leaving a deposit, returning contracts, submitting my interest on your website. Not interested."

Good luck to everyone waiting on a Z - it's a great mechanical package, only slightly overpriced for the regular model and stupidly overpriced for ther Proto ($8,000 for painted calipers, yellow fabric bits on the seat and different coloured wheels - change my mind!).