Hands Up all the Aussies

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
It’s interesting…so many different dealers doing different things….Is the dealer in Vic big?
Just got confirmation that my local dealer did in fact submit details to Nissan so they do have the allocation request. The deposit/contract method is purely up to the dealer, in my case it will be sorted down the track. I'm happy enough with that.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just got confirmation that my local dealer did in fact submit details to Nissan so they do have the allocation request. The deposit/contract method is purely up to the dealer, in my case it will be sorted down the track. I'm happy enough with that.
There you go
Great news, and much better way of doing it than the US that is for sure
I was starting to think maybe my dealer was tagging me along, but it appears all is right with the world ?

You got lucky with a. small deposit, having said that it didn’t bother me…because I have to pay at some stage ?‍♀

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I thought this was cute.

It is! But this Kangaroo is tame, if a bird in the wild did this the kangaroo would most likely turn around and give it a good kicking….not many animals native to Aus are friendly . Perhaps Koalas, but they sleep like 20 hours a day so probably can’t be assed to spend time in anything else ?

Katana

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Golf R32
Thanks for starting the thread! Sydney-sider here. Registered for interest online and got a call from a local dealer last weekend. They had no idea on pretty much anything. No deposit yet, prefer to wait to see it/drive it first.

Spec-wise, thinking of a 5spd in Rosewood with bronze wheels & black interior (as per my shoddy photo editing). I figure the combination would go well with the retro styling. I tried changing the katana to bronze as well to see how it would look...just don't zoom in... :)

On the Covid front - bah! I haven't been more than 5km from my house since late June!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks for starting the thread! Sydney-sider here. Registered for interest online and got a call from a local dealer last weekend. They had no idea on pretty much anything. No deposit yet, prefer to wait to see it/drive it first.

Spec-wise, thinking of a 5spd in Rosewood with bronze wheels & black interior (as per my shoddy photo editing). I figure the combination would go well with the retro styling. I tried changing the katana to bronze as well to see how it would look...just don't zoom in... :)

On the Covid front - bah! I haven't been more than 5km from my house since late June!

I thought it was time we had a little space?
Our car dealers run completely different to the US so whilst it’s great to be on this forum because I have learnt so much…and it’s a nice friendly forum…it is good to judge what different states in Aus are doing.

I would like to wait to see/ drive, but I also really want it as soon as possible because my car is getting a bit older now and starting to cost $$ so I put my money down
If your really keen I would still say get some cash down because dealers now have double digit orders down. My dealer has said that a contract in Aus only lasts for 6 months after which time either party can walk away…so I figure no harm in putting a deposit down if I can get money back.
If your not too fussed …then yeah take your time.
What is interesting is that dealers appear to be following up with earlier inquiries now, that would suggest they have been briefed in some sort of form, and probably more than they are letting on.

I would be interested in seeing the Rosewood, the renderings that one of the US guys has done looked fantastic, but as we know, in the flesh can sometimes be very different
I’d love to know if we will get all colours, my dealer said something about only getting three but the more I think about the more I think he may of been talking about interiors…have to admit I was so excited at the news that we were getting the performance (or close to) model, and that Nissan Aus appear to have agreed to give allocations by order dates that I didn’t clarify and I’m too embarrassed to ask again.

Re covid…feel for you, my sister is in Vic, we are pretty sheltered here, but I’m sick of Mark McGowan and his power tripping, causing so much division. Can’t wait to be allowed out and go on holidays again, but compared to you guys life is ok

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Spec-wise, thinking of a 5spd in Rosewood with bronze wheels & black interior..
Manual transmission will come in 6-speed. Unfortunately bronze wheels are exclusive to the limited Proto model that we're unlikely to see downunder. Nothing a powder coat won't fix though :)

Katana

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Golf R32
Manual transmission will come in 6-speed. Unfortunately bronze wheels are exclusive to the limited Proto model that we're unlikely to see downunder. Nothing a powder coat won't fix though :)
6spd, sorry - yes.

I'd consider going aftermarket if I couldn't get the stock rims in bronze...decisions, decisions :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So just received this…so not only have the local dealer been in touch, Nissan Aus has too, you would have to think this being the case that Nissan Aus now has some sort of an idea when it’s coming, what they are getting and when…otherwise what would be the point of following up each enquiry made so hard

86B92FE5-56B2-4C2A-BC2B-A21F0E4C4FF8.jpeg

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Just received it too. I see it as official confirmation that we're actually getting the car here!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
oh
Just received it too. I see it as official confirmation that we're actually getting the car here!
True but in the other hand they already confirmed we were getting it through the media and even the Nissan Australia page…so I am more hoping it’s because they have had their briefing similar to the US and know a little bit more than the simple …we are getting it.

Really hope that by November we will get more info….about to list my car on car sales to see if I can sell it at a decent price rather than a dealer trade in

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@ZZ2022

Saw your post on the other page…I haven’t received any correspondence to say mid next year…can you share?
Is it from a dealer or Nissan Aus?
Last correspondence I got from Dealer said early 2022.

So with yours saying mid…I’m hoping they are talking April, May time…April could be seen as the tail end of early next year?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I do know that we're almost always 3 or 4 months behind USA with Nissan releases. I'm really hoping this car is fast tracked.