Hands Up all the Aussies

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey All,
I noticed there are more posts going up for sharing info within states of the US, thought it was time us Aussies got a thread…was going to post under a Continent thread, but Oceana wasn’t there, amd I didn’t want to post under Asia.

Anyhoo…how many of you guys are there in the thread?
Have you managed to place a hold/order?
What model, and specifics do you want?
What have you been told in your state?
And how all handling covid ?

I’ll Start
West Australian
Yes, $5000 deposit
Yellow, Manual…if we get more than one model, I want performance
Not much…just that I’m in the system, and they will call me if they can’t secure the car of my choice when they are permitted to order so I can decide to change some options, wait for next deliveries, or get a refund. They doubt there will be more than one model that makes it to Aus …at least until Nismo.
Covid non existent here, but it’s still mentally draining…I really want to travel, and knowing our premier we will be the last in the world to do so ? hope you guys are all good ?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Brisbane, $1000 deposit. Performance, Boulder Grey, Manual. Was told by dealer that they should know pricing and hopefully be able to specify their allocations around November. Quite likely only one car allocated per dealership in the first shipment.

Pretty quiet on the covid front here too, just keeping a close eye on not so lucky bothers over the border.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Brisbane, $1000 deposit. Performance, Boulder Grey, Manual. Was told by dealer that they should know pricing and hopefully be able to specify their allocations around November. Quite likely only one car allocated per dealership in the first shipment.

Pretty quiet on the covid front here too, just keeping a close eye on not so lucky bothers over the border.
Interesting…my dealer though he had three cars coming his way…he is the second largest dealer in WA though and said some of the smaller dealers possibly won’t get any
I’m second in line …but luckily first guy wants auto, I want manual.
So hopefully they get one of each

My sister and her family is in Vic, so understand the worry

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I’m pulling the pin if we don’t get the performance model. We do usually seem to get the higher spec Japanese cars. I wonder if any Protos will hit our shores, would be a no brainier if you’re happy with yellow.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I’m pulling the pin if we don’t get the performance model. We do usually seem to get the higher spec Japanese cars. I wonder if any Protos will hit our shores, would be a no brainier if you’re happy with yellow.
Totally agree…would love a Proto but most likely won’t get any come our way.
I know the Honda Civic Type R had a lottery system to see who could buy one …very odd set up

Oh forgot to add my dealers guesstimate was 80k on road …so for that price it better be the performance

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Totally agree…would love a Proto but most likely won’t get any come our way.
I know the Honda Civic Type R had a lottery system to see who could buy one …very odd set up

Oh forgot to add my dealers guesstimate was 80k on road …so for that price it better be the performance
Ouch, hoping a bit less. That's well into the luxury car tax and knocking on Audi RS3 money.

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Based in Sydney here. Also dropped a deposit at my dealer.
Hoping for Red Manual. Aussies usually only get the top trim.
Given the current Nismo is $65k on road, i'm guessing New Z will land at circa $70k on road.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Based in Sydney here. Also dropped a deposit at my dealer.
Hoping for Red Manual. Aussies usually only get the top trim.
Given the current Nismo is $65k on road, i'm guessing New Z will land at circa $70k on road.
Hoping your optimistic approach on pricing is correct….but remember the original cost of a 370 ( non Nismo) was 69k before dropping to current prices in 2018 …and of course with chip shortages, covid and a general increase in everything could be higher.
If it’s a performance I’d say 75k
Remember Supra is 90K
Did your dealer mention how many he was expecting by chance?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I know there. Is a guy from the ACT and one from Vic on here at least…just interested in seeing what we are all being told and how similar it is

And sending good vibes to you guys in NSW and Vic….you’ll probably come out the other end stringer and better than us over here….think we have been too sheltered and become complacent

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Hey all, yeah I'm from the ACT. I've put down a deposit, was told it'd be 5k for the 'launch edition' / proto spec, otherwise 1k. I've put a deposit down for a blue, manual, & hopefully it ends up being the performance spec that makes it here. Dealer seems to be expecting $70ish k.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey all, yeah I'm from the ACT. I've put down a deposit, was told it'd be 5k for the 'launch edition' / proto spec, otherwise 1k. I've put a deposit down for a blue, manual, & hopefully it ends up being the performance spec that makes it here. Dealer seems to be expecting $70ish k.
I remember we had someone from the ACT in the crowd…seems like we have a representative from all over?
Just got some info this morning, can confirm …my dealer told me this that there will only be one model but it will be the performance model…yay
Didn’t mention the proto spec…but then again I didn’t ask as I thought it was a US exclusive, and to be honest not fussed if we get the performance in yellow because there is not much difference except probs the cost.

Interestingly my guy is under the impression that there will only be three colours on offer in Aus, but didn’t tell me which ones ( again forgot to ask), I hope that doesn’t mean the three solid colours instead of black roof…but he didn’t indicate I need to change my preference of yellow …I should of asked but I was so excited knowing that we will be getting the performance and that orders look like they will be honoured in order of the dates they have been entered into the system ( within allocations of course), making me one of the first on the list

So, now my only concern is what colours are we getting ( if he is correct) and will it be two tone…which I really love

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I really hope that he's incorrect about the 3 colours. Our other Nissan models are offered in their full colour range so it makes sense that these would be. From my understand all Z's worldwide are coming out of the same factory in Kaminokawa.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I really hope that he's incorrect about the 3 colours. Our other Nissan models are offered in their full colour range so it makes sense that these would be. From my understand all Z's worldwide are coming out of the same factory in Kaminokawa.
Me too…the only thing I’m worried about is if it’s only three it kinda indicates it will be the three solid colours and we won’t get the two tone which would make sense because the solid colour only comes in three being Black Diamond metallic, Gun Metallic and Rosewood metallic.
My last two cars were black and I really didn’t want another one because the upkeep is crap, I’m not really into silver tones ( and my husbands car is silver) which would leave Rosewood and what that will look like who really know?…of course this just me guessing giving the info he told me….I hope I’m wrong, because I really fell in love with the bright colours. If I can’t get yellow I’d be happy with blue, red or even maybe pearl white because the contrast with black would make it still interesting…but these three colours are kind of uninspiring ?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Most likely after snooping into some forums?
The thing that stood out to me here was the “well over 12months away” surely not?
My dealer said first half of next year…originally it was early like Jan/Feb, but I think with covid, chips the timeline got pushed back…but 12 months?
Unless they are talking about when orders were first placed, in which case I think mine was around April so that would sound right.
Make no mistake…I think the first few deliverers will be sold before they even reach Aus shores…possibly before even allocations come out

I know my dealer initially thought they were only getting three and only took three orders but then people kept asking to pre order so they told them if they are happy to wait for the second run or the possibility that Nissan will fill orders based on dates placed instead of allocations per dealerships they can still take their deposit..and have had another 3 since happy to do so .